Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos - Go To Main Page
Message board for people who wish to roleplay and discuss rape fantasies.

Real Time Bondage

Welcome to the Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos > Talk about Rape > General Rape Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Rape gallery Incest gallery Bestiality gallery Gay sex gallery Anime gallery Scat gallery

Old 11-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
Undecided

Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default IRC Channel

This is an idea a few of us have been kicking around in the chat room.
Basically we think it'd be a good idea if we had an irc channel to talk in rather then the current setup.
We could have mods to keep people in check, be able to do more in the room, and hopefully attract more traffic. As an irc channel, people (like me) would be willing to idle in there more, which means more opportunities to chat when other people join or become active.

We've gotten fairly excited over this idea, and been discussing rules, accessibility, ops and so on.
Heres a crude list of what we've come up with so far:

Mods from different timezones I find this to be very important, as it ensures that there are mods active at most times of the day.
A server that has java access a couple have been suggested, like bondage.com. That way non-ircers can still join easily.
channel to be a secret channel this means it won't appear on the irc list, so then only people who frequent this site will know it's there. Which is a great way to keep out the riff-raff.
details in a members only thread or menu item this one isn't exactly crucial, but it would be nice. So that you'd have to be a member of this site to know how to get to the chat. Of course, that is entirely up to the admin, as no-one else has the power.
two channels, one for roleplay, the other for chatting this ones pretty self explanatory. I assume a lot of roleplaying would happen in pm's, but the roleplay channel would be there for group sessions
rules to be kept simple, like: 18+ and act like it the simpler the rules, the easier to enforce. It has also been suggested that the channel also copies the rules of this site, which would make sense.

There was also the suggestion that all site mods become ops. But it was shot down because A: not all mods will want to be ops and B: the site and the channel should remain seperate entities. But at the same time, it would make sense to give most mods the option of becoming ops if they so choose.

Anyway, those are the ideas we've come up with so far.
Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Flaming monkeys shot out of canons?

Last edited by Undecided; 11-05-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Undecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
NoTrouble

NoTrouble has initial reputation

Undecided, TheWhy, Becka and myself were doing a lot of the chatting this evening. Don't remember if others were there, too.

Yea, I second the motion for the RB mods supporting this and promoting it. It would be nice to have a dedicated place to go to for chatting, that regulars could meet at, have public play for those who want it (or get dragged into it --- hehe) and private PM's are always an option.

Would really like to see thoughts suggestions and ideas from lots of other folks on what else is good to do, what problems you see, and how to overall make it a better opportunity.

I'm looking forward to it.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:27 AM   #3
Undecided

Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Undecided has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

No-ones interested? Seriously?
Undecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
TheWhy

TheWhy Level 2 (200+)TheWhy Level 2 (200+)TheWhy Level 2 (200+)

I've begun work on this. Even if it doesn't fly, I've been curious about setting up channels anyway.

What we really need from the community to make this work:
1) Ops. Are you a board regular? Do you know basic IRC op, or willing to learn (not difficult at all)?
2) Someplace to put up the Java access. I've looked at a couple of free servers, and a link to irc.bondage.com may not be acceptable.

Ideally, this would become an official channel of RB. For this we need admin. approval, a place for the links as described in the initial post, and a page for Java access.

Minor questions open for discussion (and my vote). I'm not explaining IRC tech. info here. If you want more information let me know.
1. Should we make the channel secure?
Only nicks registered with the IRC server can go in channel. (Against, want to keep this easy, though I'd stongly recommend registering)
2. Access levels or XOP?
Both determine who gets AOP, SOP, etc. status. XOP (default) is easier to use. Access levels give more fine-tuned control, and allow for limited access (only those in the list get in). (XOP for now, can change later. Limited access only useful if someone volunteers to maintain).
3. Using private, not secret
Seems most servers don't support secret. (Not a problem)
4. Channel e-mail
Who should receive this? (Room founder, see #5).
5. Channel founder and successor
Currently that is myself and ????. If somebody else wants the job, let me know. If the channel becomes official, should probably be a RB admin. or mod.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
nathan

nathan Level 1 (100+)nathan Level 1 (100+)

I think it sounds like a good idea. The main question I have is whether there will be enough users to keep the new channel lively enough. We'd need some sort of critical mass of people wanting to chat there.

The channel on IRC I know about with a similar theme is routinely panned. There are plenty of interesting people on IRC worth inviting to join us too, which could increase participation there, and on the Board. Note, however (I think), that if people are co-channeling in our new secret channel as well as other channels, that others WILL find our channel and try go join. Not necessarily a bad thing, imho.

nathan
Old 11-08-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
DominUncle

DominUncle Level 1 (100+)DominUncle Level 1 (100+)

There is an IRC channel which I occasionally frequent (#rapesex) which ostensibly is about the same thing this board is - force fantasies. It's a very mixed bag with a lot of pic sluts, some searchers for online RP, some for RL RP and a bunch I can't figure at all. Its hard to get real chat going in channel although there is a lot of one on one. A well managed channel that enforced rules would be welcome.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
TheWhy

nathan and DominUncle,
Thank you for your feedback.

To address your very good points:
1) ...enough users to keep the new channel lively...
Very true, and a primary reason we'd like to make the channel official, from the menu. I'm told this board has 13,000+ members, so shouldn't be a problem.
2) others WILL find our channel and try go join
Very true. That's why I preferred 'secret' to 'private' (secret also hides the channel during 'whois'), but I can't find a kink friendly server that supports it.
3) Not necessarily a bad thing
I agree. As long as the ops are on top of things, it's probably a good.
4) #rapesex
What server is this on? All the kink friendly servers I know of don't allow the R word in channel names, at least officially. ('shit_eating_cum_slut_fuck_whores' is ok, but NOT the dreaded R word ).
5) very mixed bag
Hopefully, private will help.
6) well managed channel that enforced rules
To make it a success, this about sums it up. Though, per Undecided's suggestion, we're going to try minimum official rules, and just enforce basic adult behavior.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #8
dark_d3viant
Privileged Member

dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dark_d3viant has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Oooh! I'm interested, count me in. I chat and idle & share ops in a couple of IRC channels myself...Would be even better if I had a rape-themed one to add to

xx
dark_d3viant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #9
RapeU
Yes = No. No = Yes

RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RapeU has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via AIM to RapeU Send a message via MSN to RapeU Send a message via Yahoo to RapeU

I agree with this.

The most frustrating thing about the chatroom on here is that for whatever reason when I click on the link my internet browser suddenly closes. This happens with internet explorer and firefox.

So I can't get into the RB chatroom at all. I have tried IRC with another forum on another computer and (hopefully) I remember enough about it to be able to log in.

The Red Rose Rapist short stories
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Sugar Is Sweet, The Rapist Is You!?

The Kidnapping Chronicles
The Hunter, Huntress, LK, The Masked Marauder, Melinda's Tale, and The Masked Marauder II - Allen's Revenge

Other Stories
At My Cousin's Wedding
RapeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:02 AM   #10
MarcEdeSade
Amoralist Libertine

MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MarcEdeSade has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominUncle View Post
There is an IRC channel which I occasionally frequent (#rapesex) which ostensibly is about the same thing this board is - force fantasies. It's a very mixed bag with a lot of pic sluts, some searchers for online RP, some for RL RP and a bunch I can't figure at all. Its hard to get real chat going in channel although there is a lot of one on one. A well managed channel that enforced rules would be welcome.
WHat server? undernet?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 AM   #11
Noname

Noname has initial reputation

I highly recommend PJIRC, You can set it up to autologin under a signed in username and you get all the benefits of a full-fledged IRC client (see Elliquiy's implementation).

Last edited by Noname; 11-11-2007 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Added link
Noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #12
NoTrouble

to the RB Admins, can we please have your support for this, vocal and public.

For the folks who ARE interested, please chime in, your comments are welcome!!!!

-NT
Old 11-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #13
virginfantasy

i support it!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #14
nathan

nathan Level 1 (100+)nathan Level 1 (100+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcEdeSade View Post
WHat server? undernet?
Yes, it's on undernet.

nathan
Old 11-16-2007, 05:59 PM   #15
TheWhy

The channels are up. No Java access, use an IRC client. The channels are marked 'private', so use the '/join <name>' to get there.

On irc.bondage.com, the channels are:
#RB_chat for general chat
#RB_play for public scenes and group play

We need OPs. Let me know if you'd like to volunteer.

I'll be there later this evening.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 PM   #16
philcons

philcons has initial reputation

Well. Spent some time on #RB....all by my lonesome though...lol.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #17
NoTrouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhy View Post
The channels are up. No Java access, use an IRC client. The channels are marked 'private', so use the '/join <name>' to get there.

On irc.bondage.com, the channels are:
#RB_chat for general chat
#RB_play for public scenes and group play

We need OPs. Let me know if you'd like to volunteer.

I'll be there later this evening.
I'm in there now folks. TheWhy has done RapeBoard an awesome service. Would love to see many of you frequently join and participate. This is a WAY better opportunity and provides significantly better 'chat' service than the previously posted chatroom.

Come on by!!!!

And Much thanks and credit and honor and respect should go from each one of you to TheWhy for this. <HINT>
Old 11-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #18
NoTrouble

Default The IRC water is hot hot hot, folks

The IRC room has folks there, available for chat, and from both sides of the pond, even! Come and get it while its HOT.

-NT
Old 11-17-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
kodavictimm
Privileged Member

kodavictimm Level 4 (400+)kodavictimm Level 4 (400+)kodavictimm Level 4 (400+)kodavictimm Level 4 (400+)kodavictimm Level 4 (400+)

ok, i'm not sure i know how to get in; i was ready to rock and rape tonight but...

kodavictimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #20
NoTrouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodavictimm View Post
ok, i'm not sure i know how to get in; i was ready to rock and rape tonight but...
I searched for mIRC, but you can use any IRC client you feel comfortable with.

Its as EASY as TheWhy suggested:

Select/set "irc.bondage.com" as the server you log into (via IRC), then choose, either or both of the following rooms. It is THAT easy, folks!
"#RB_chat" for general chat
"#RB_play" for public scenes and group play

-NT