Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos - Go To Main Page
Message board for people who wish to roleplay and discuss rape fantasies.

Real Time Bondage

Welcome to the Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos > Miscellaneous > Idle Talk
Rape gallery Incest gallery Bestiality gallery Gay sex gallery Anime gallery Scat gallery

Old 03-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
Grm
Banned

Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Religion is Evil

Religion is Evil
by
Josh Becker

I've just read the second article in two days about Mel Gibson's upcoming, self-financed film about the death of Jesus, "The Passion," and the controversy it's already causing before almost anyone has seen it. I just want to add in my two-cents' worth before I've seen it, either.
In point of fact, I don't give a good Goddamn about Gibson's movie or Mel Gibson, for that matter. I think he's a third-rate director and a second-rate actor who's never had the ability to master his American accent, and sounds like he comes from America's 51st state -- the state of anemia.
As these articles keep pointing out, Mel is part of a religious sect called "Catholic Traditionalists," who didn't even have a church in Los Angeles, so Mel went and built one. These nuts only perform their services in Latin, and have broken from the Roman Catholic Church over the Vatican's 1965 accord wherein they finally exonerated the Jews for the death of Jesus. But Mel's not willing to go there. He and the other Traditionalists obviously still harbor a grudge that the Jews were culpable for the death of Jesus.
Perhaps if the Jews actually ran Israel at the time of Jesus' death they would have been responsible, but of course they didn't. The Romans ran Israel and most of the world at that time and it was their rules everyone was following. Which isn't to say that the Jews themselves might not have executed Jesus for being a rabble-rouser, but they certainly wouldn't have crucified him -- that's a Roman tradition, and the Romans were rather traditionalists in their own way.
You know what? Who gives a flying fuck? Hello! This was 2,000 years ago.
But all of this meaningless hoopla just brings up other issues for me. First of all, Jim Caviezel plays Jesus in "The Passion." One more time a gutless motherfucker has cast a gentile as a Jew. Doesn't this offend anyone else but me? Jesus was Jewish. He was born a Jew, raised a Jew, and died a Jew, and all in the land of the Jews, Israel. His parents were Jews, all of the apostles were Jews, everyone he knew was Jewish, and if he returned today he wouldn't go to church he'd go to synagogue. The fact that over a billion Christians get down on their knees and pray to a dead Jew has always amused and fascinated me from the time I was a little kid.
But I'm going to take this whole issue one big step farther. Religion, of any denomination, sect or ilk, is the basis of nearly all that's evil on our lovely planet. Religion is not here to make anything better, it's only purpose to divide and separate us. We're the chosen people, you're not. Our God is the real God, yours is false and profane. Although we must show love and compassion for other members of our own religion, those of any other can be killed, tortured, and maimed because they're infidels. Religion, at its very heart, means I'm right and you're wrong, or you're right and I'm wrong, but someone's always got to be wrong.
I say that religion is the pretext for evil on our planet. Religion is the method whereby humans can rationalize their awful behavior to other humans and pawn it off as good deeds.

The basis of all Judeo-Christian religions, which includes Islam, is the old testament bible, which states very clearly "Thou Shalt Not Kill." Although I didn't know it at the time, nor is it even my title, the name of my first film is really much more appropriate: "Thou Shalt Not Kill . . . Except." As George Carlin so aptly put it, except "if you believe in another invisible man than I do." In which case the root and basis of all these religions, the ten commandments, can be happily and easily be tossed out.
Evil does not run around in a red devil suit with horns. Evil runs around as fundamentalists of every kind, Christian, Jew, Muslim or Hindu. I'll leave out the Buddhists and the Quakers because I don't think they have ever bothered anybody. But they certainly aren't joining in with the rest of us, either. Religion is about separation, me and you, them and us, it has nothing to do with living with the rest of humanity in peace. Therefore, religion is the basis of evil.
Catholic priests have been seducing and raping young boys for over a hundred years, but are adamantly against homosexuality. Muslims say they believe in the ten commandments and that Abraham, Isaac, and Moses were all holy men, but all Muslims believe in the jihad and that anyone who is not a Muslim ought to be, and eventually will be, killed. Fundamentalist Christians, who also purport to believe in the ten commandments, really believe that when the apocalypse comes and Jesus returns, all the Jews will either have to convert to Christianity or will be killed, and that's perfectly okay. Of course, Jesus will be in the nearest synagogue praying to Yaweh while this mass murder is going on. And the Jews and Hindus all believe that they are the real chosen people and everyone is just screwed anyway.
This is all moronic, simple-minded, idiotic, pre-civilized, childish thinking. Any name that we knuckleheaded humans can give to this incredible animating power that we call God, be it Jehovah, Jesus, Krishna, Allah, Buddha, or Zoroaster, are all ridiculous bullshit.
As Joseph Campbell, the great historian of mythology, so clearly pointed out, anyone that takes any of these old books of mythology literally has completely missed the point. The bibles old and new, the Koran, the Bhagavad-Gita, the Book of Zoroaster, and all the rest of the "holy" books are merely collections of mythology. They are metaphors and parables about how to live your life and how to face death. They are highly imperfect users manuals on how to get through this veil of tears we call life. If you actually believe that Jehovah is an old (white) man with a long beard who is watching each and every one of us over six billion humans and judging us, you're an imbecile. If you literally believe that Jesus is Jehovah's son, you've decided to turn off a big portion of your brain and not deal with reality. If you literally believe that if you kill an infidel that Allah will bless you with seventy-two virgins in the land of milk and honey, you've definitely got a screw loose. These are all myths. Period.
Yes, there probably were guys named Jesus, Mohammed, and Buddha, but they were humans just like the rest of us. The fact that a lot of other desperate, unquestioning people gathered to them doesn't make them anything other than plain old humans.

Religion is all based on weakness and laziness. It's the throwing in of the towel on the mysteries of life. It's saying, I can't make head or tail out of any of this shit, so I'll just go with what everyone is doing. If they're all getting down on their knees, eating a cookie and believing it's the body of Christ, then I will too. If they're all wrapping themselves in leather thongs, covering their heads with beanies, and rocking back and forth, that's what I'll do. If everybody else is bowing to Mecca six times a day, I guess that's what I must do, too. This is the behavior of lemmings following other lemmings off the edge of the cliff. There is absolutely no difference between praying to Jesus, praying to Jehovah, bowing to Mecca, or lighting incense to Krishna, than there is sieg heiling to Hitler, blindly following Pol Pot into the killing fields, or chopping up Tutsis with machetes. It's all called thoughtless behavior.
It's part of our job as humans to think about and consider our place here on the planet and our position amongst all these other people. The second you abnegate this responsibility, you've fallen into an evil trap. As the writer Harlan Ellison has said, "We're all the same person under different skins," and that's truly a holy thought. All the religions on Earth want to point out is that we are all different, and we of our religion are better than those other unholy blasphemers. That's evil. And that is what all religion at its core is all about. Us and them. We're holy, they're infidels.
A word religions seem to really like, particularly the Jews is "tradition," which is the handing down of beliefs or customs from one generation to the next. This is another form of acceptance without questioning. For several hundred years an American tradition was, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian." A good old Australian tradition was "the Abo-hunt," where they tracked down and shot the Aboriginal people for amusement. A good old European tradition was the pogrom, where, if your luck had turned sour, go kill some Jews. The Russians loved this tradition, but the French and Germans thought it was a pretty swell tradition, too. And it's always been a tradition of the Serbs to hate the Croats, the Hutus to hate the Tutsis, whites to hate blacks, Christians to hate Jews, Jews to hate the Palestinians, Hindus to hate the Muslims, and Muslims to hate everybody.
Well, let's just thank God for tradition, sing songs in its praise and dance the Hora.
Karl Marx said that "Religion is the opiate of the masses," and he couldn't have been more correct. Religion is a drug that encourages you to not think for yourself, and, in my very humble opinion, is much worse and far more deadly than heroin, pot, cocaine, and alcohol all put together. None of these other drugs breeds contempt for other people, but all religions do in one way or another. Religion is the insidious evil of our planet, and the sooner people start to wake up to that the sooner we can get on to bigger, more important issues like peace and goodwill toward others.
Grm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
cleanfun4all

Nah, religion isn't the cause of evil in the world. The evil lies deep in the human heart. Religion is just the excuse. The following is a nice sumation of the real problem.

"Only part of us is sane: only part of us loves pleasure and the longer day of happiness, wants to live to our nineties and die in peace, in a house that we built, that shall shelter those who come after us. The other half of us is nearly mad. It prefers the disagreeable to the agreeable, loves pain and its darker night despair and wants to die in a catastrophe that will set back life to its beginnings and leave nothing of our house save its blackened foundations."

Rebecca West
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
Buzzzkill

Buzzzkill has initial reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Buzzzkill

Nah, religion has got to be a cause. I doubt anyone would end thier own life kamakazaing skyscrapers if they didn't have a firm belief that they were about to be eternially rewarded, and would Jews and Muslims be exchanging atrocities if there were no Holy Land to vie for? Now, atheists and secularists have done some pretty horrible things as well; but on the whole they don't kill quite as much, don't block science, don't make kinky sex a criminal act, commit genocide, or fuck with our rights like the religious assholes do.
Buzzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #4
Lupo
Privileged Member

Lupo Level 5 (500+)Lupo Level 5 (500+)Lupo Level 5 (500+)Lupo Level 5 (500+)Lupo Level 5 (500+)Lupo Level 5 (500+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanfun4all
Nah, religion isn't the cause of evil in the world. The evil lies deep in the human heart.
I agree completely. Religion is not the cause. Just a tool for some. Humans are to blame and humans have always killed eachother. Religion or no religion. Whoever thinks that this fact will change if we lived in a world without religion, has to be extremly naive.
Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #5
persiangurl

Quote:
Nah, religion isn't the cause of evil in the world. The evil lies deep in the human heart. Religion is just the excuse. The following is a nice sumation of the real problem.

"Only part of us is sane: only part of us loves pleasure and the longer day of happiness, wants to live to our nineties and die in peace, in a house that we built, that shall shelter those who come after us. The other half of us is nearly mad. It prefers the disagreeable to the agreeable, loves pain and its darker night despair and wants to die in a catastrophe that will set back life to its beginnings and leave nothing of our house save its blackened foundations."

Rebecca West
omg, youre such a fucking idiot
Old 03-28-2006, 04:11 AM   #6
cleanfun4all

Quote:
Originally Posted by persiangurl
omg, youre such a fucking idiot

Sorry sweetie, you're a troll and I don't waste my time with trolls. Insult me all you want, I have now replied for the last time.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:12 AM   #7
somedude
W.I.R. and Marshal

somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

If persiangurl is a troll, she's one hell of a hot troll!!! Now on the subject of riligion being evil, it's not all evil. But there are some really evil fuckers involved in a lot of them. I know, I was in a religious cult for almost a year when I was a kid.
I'm not joking and no sympathy posts please. Religion is commonly missused by corrupt people for their own ends, wether it is for power, money or other things. Seen it up close and personal. It's about the people, not the religion!
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:18 AM   #8
cleanfun4all

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude
If persiangurl is a troll, she's one hell of a hot troll!!!
The definition of a troll, as I used the word.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as in online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants. "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:07 AM   #9
somedude
W.I.R. and Marshal

somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
The definition of a troll, as I used the word.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as in online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants. "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity.
Yeah, I understood the concept. She's still hot!!!
somedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:57 AM   #10
Grm
Banned

Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Grm has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:

Rebecca West
I think what ms west is saying, is that we all have a choice, either our bad side or our good. But personal resposibility is more often subject to our upbringing and the society we live in. Organised religious groups have an inordinate influence on their adherents.In almost every war that has ever been faught, each side was convinced that 'god' was on their side. Through the centuries millions have perished in the name of religion and sadly still continue to do so.
Humanist
Grm
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #11
gal4
UnWanted Trick Baby

gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)

I'm an atheist, Thank God!
--G.B. Shaw.
gal4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
cleanfun4all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grm
I think what ms west is saying, is that we all have a choice, either our bad side or our good. But personal resposibility is more often subject to our upbringing and the society we live in. Organised religious groups have an inordinate influence on their adherents.In almost every war that has ever been faught, each side was convinced that 'god' was on their side. Through the centuries millions have perished in the name of religion and sadly still continue to do so.
Humanist
Grm
First, I'm not religious at all, but it can be argued that the world would actually be a far worse place were it not for the civilizing influence of religion.

You are right about the inordinatate influence that organized religion has on it's followers, but here's the thing, God didn't create organized religion, people did. In the absence of religion based on the invisible man in the sky, it is not at all difficult for a leader to turn himself into a god of sorts and the state as the church. Think Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union under Stalin. How many millions died because of those "religions?"
Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
gal4
UnWanted Trick Baby

gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)gal4 Level 5 (500+)

Ecclesiastes Ch7:29.

29 See, this alone I found, that God made human beings straightforward, but they have devised many schemes.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:03 AM   #14
Grm
Banned

Quote:
First, I'm not religious at all, but it can be argued that the world would actually be a far worse place were it not for the civilizing influence of religion.

You are right about the inordinatate influence that organized religion has on it's followers, but here's the thing, God didn't create organized religion, people did. In the absence of religion based on the invisible man in the sky, it is not at all difficult for a leader to turn himself into a god of sorts and the state as the church. Think Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union under Stalin. How many millions died because of those "religions?"
All religions have a hierarchy of, surprise, surprise, men. It is all about power, power over women, power over the people. Man had to invent religion to explain his inpending death, this is the central theme of all religions. What is the most powerfull concept? Power over peoples thought.If you can control peoples thought, you have ultimate control over their actions. Luckily for the planet its not only religion that has a 'civilising influence', its mostly peoples 'good side' that keeps most of us from hurting others. Stalin was an exponent of communism, which is a sort of religion, as it seeks to control peoples thought. Both Stalin and Hitler had to break the churchs' power, so they could take it for themselves.
Humanist
Grm
Old 03-29-2006, 05:21 AM   #15
gal4
UnWanted Trick Baby

It is wonderful that everyone thinks they have found the truth.
And reason and rational thinking will lead to salvation of man, his soul and society.

Koan
Old 04-01-2006, 11:48 PM   #16
Rogue
Immoral Irishman

Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

While some religions reduce the value of human life, even the closest ones to being “right” reduce the value of the human mind. The only times I have read the bible or paid attention to what a priest said was when I was either incapable of challenging anything at that age or I had to go along with it because it was school. It’s now I realise, that that’s the way religion likes it. It doesn't want you to grow up or step back from being a clone for a moment and simply challenge what people around you believe so easily. “It” being the people who now interpret it and fail miserably to apply it to modern times. It says that regardless how much society and humanity has developed, this pre fixed belief must somehow, continue without exception. It’s at this point when you should step back and rely on your mind. Whoever you are, no doubt it’ll have been influenced by something other than religion. Attitudes and old grudges for example from your parents or other important people in your life. But if you are sane, your family has allowed your mind to be as free as you’d hope, and have never challenged beliefs, then I pity you. Because it’s these “correct” beliefs that are mostly the cause of all the wars and deaths you read about in history books, don’t you think they’re worth examining? The beliefs that seriously reduce the value of human life, include strict upbringing etc. I don’t pity those people, I just hate their religion. But not because I think they’re wrong and I’m right, that would be dividing and separating people, which even my old one did, whether people want to admit it or not. I hate it because it’ll always be there like a cancer to stop people from doing what I did and think for themselves. For that, I consider it and all religion evil. It's not the ultimate evil, but I think it is none the less. The people who realise that no one knows anything for sure, are the ones who are right.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:36 AM   #17
gal4
UnWanted Trick Baby

What is the definition of religion?
I have to admit that I don't have a clear idea of what it is.

Do you people know what it is?

Otherwise, it would be like the fable of the six blind men and the elephant.

Anything that would cause so much oppression, suffering, and misdirection cannot be called religion.

"Oh, Lord, I beleive, Help Thou, My Unbelief"

There is a lot to be said of the contentment of mind and spirit.

Because once you attain it. Nothing else matters.

Remember, my sister beating me severely, but I could withstand it.

I did not break.

Sort of similar to Jean Paul Satre, when interrogated and tortured by the Germans, discovered that there was sitll something inside him, still defiant, still could say "No". That to me is much more satisfying than just a useless parody of this so called established "state" religion.

If you would truly attack religon, attack its cornerstone, faiith.

Especially, by "Hume's Wrecking Ball".

Quote:
_Named after David Hume, Scottish philosopher of the 18th century. His ideas represent a radical paradigm shift, often referred to as 'Hume's wrecking ball.'

_Reality (our understanding of it) is the product of the observer.

_No dichotomy is recognized between objective and subjective because the observer is always part of the system being observed.

_Science is not a topological map of reality. Rather, it invents reality.
Laws of science are inventions that model reality, describing in a non-contradictory way predictable relations between variables. Therefore, there can be more than one possible realities.
(If this is the case, how can we distinguish between good/bad, right/wrong inventions?
What are the evaluation criteria?)
Facts and truths are not related isomorphically. A fact/truth is not something fixed but a reliable event; something that is repeatable.

_Science, therefore, does not deal with fixed truths but with facts understood probabilistically.

_Question of Reliability: Does the science prove what it purports to relative to a given context?

_Question of Validity: What is the relevance of the reliable world, created/constructed for scientific investigation, to the world of our experience (musical or otherwise)?
http://www.ethnomusic.ucla.edu/courses/276/carthume.htm
Now, what else is to be done?
Old 04-02-2006, 03:34 PM   #18
Grm
Banned

What is inner spirit ? Does it set us free ?
Or give us strength? Deep in us is solace,
wherever we go or bring, flying out towards the sun,
or crashing down to earth, we can endure, we will,
none can save us but, our inner self to fight,
and kick to the surface, gasping our life back again,
only in us is the belief, the faith of one.
grm

Old 04-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #19
pbhoco

pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pbhoco has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Religon TRULY is an EVIL........BAN GOD...and the world will be peaceful.
Makes me wonder; shouldn't god be sent to the war crimes tribunal for
the crimes commited in his name by fanatic followers?After all the High
command is always guilty...for the crimes commited by the subordinates
......isnt it?
pbhoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #20
gal4
UnWanted Trick Baby

Quote:
ON MORAL JUSTIFICATION AND THE EUTHYPHRO

In Plato's dialogue the Euthyphro, Euthyphro is trying to justify his actions, i.e., prosecuting his own father, by appealing to the gods. His claim is that it is the "pious" thing to do. This leads Socrates to inquire of Euthyphro, "what is piety." Euthyphro's first (actually, second) response is that what is pious is what is loved by the gods. Socrates points out that the gods often disagree, some thinking that one particular action is pious while others call the same action impious. This is an inadequate definition of the pious, as the same action turns out to be both pious and impious at the same time. This leads Euthyphro to fix his definition by saying that what is loved by all the gods is pious, what is hated by all the gods is impious, and that about which there is disagreement is neither pious nor impious. (Notice that this now brings the argument into a monotheistic context.) In response to this, Socrates asks Euthyphro "do the gods love what is pious, or is it pious because it is loved by the gods?" What one can derive from the modernized version of the question (which is "does God do what is good, or is what God does good simply because God does it?") is the following. If God does and commands us to do what is good, and, likewise, forbids us to do what is bad, then presumably God does such things for a reason. If God does these things for a reason, then that reason is what makes the action right or wrong and not the mere fact that God commanded or forbade the action. (Remember the OT example of God forbidding the Hebrews to eat pigs--it was unclean because it was actually unsafe.) On the other hand, if whatever God does is good simply because God does it (which precludes the possibility of God's having a reason for doing the action), then morality is ultimately arbitrary, as we never know from one day to the next what God is going to like or dislike. If one responds that God is only going to like what is good, then this leads her into saying that God does what is good, and not whatever God does is good simply because God does it.

Remember the Jerusalem story. Imagine in 30 A.D., there were two people in Jerusalem doing messiah like things. We gather the town's people together to figure out which one is the messiah. We explain to each of the "messiahs" our problem. So we get them together and ask Jesus #1 to show us some kind of a sign that he is the messiah. He then heals a palsied woman and she runs off singing God's praises. We then ask the same thing of Jesus #2. He picks out a man who we all know to be a decent sort of fellow, neither extremely good nor extremely bad, points his finger at the man, and starts ripping him limb from limb with lightening bolts. Which one is the Messiah? Jesus #1, of course, because he did what was good. But, if what God does is good simply because God does it, we would have no grounds to prefer one messiah over the other. In fact, we would have no way of knowing what, at any given moment, was moral, as we would have no way of knowing whether or not God had changed her preference. If you say that God would never change preferences because God is good, then my point is proven! God does what is good, so our job is to figure out what "good" is.

http://www.utexas.edu/courses/hilde/Philhandouts/Euthyphro(Myers).html
So, now ya know.

Now, one can extend the above argument to say that religion does what is good, and not everything religion does is good, because religion does it.
Yeah.

Last edited by gal4; 04-04-2006 at 01:38 AM.