Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos - Go To Main Page
Message board for people who wish to roleplay and discuss rape fantasies.

Real Time Bondage

Welcome to the Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos > Miscellaneous > Idle Talk
Rape gallery Incest gallery Bestiality gallery Gay sex gallery Anime gallery Scat gallery

View Poll Results: Time for a change?
Leave things as they are? 2 12.50%
Make signing up harder and mods approve applicants before they can post 12 75.00%
24hr wait time before new members can post. 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
clan_hunter

Default Time for a change in policy?

Right,

I have been discussing with various people about the spam issue this board is suffering, in the last six months we have seen a increase from five to six bits of spam a week to five to six bits of spam a hour.

The Mods are frankly sick of it, one has told me that they are deleting 20 threads a day at least, alot of the time we do not see the spam as they delete it and to be honest are getting sick of having to do it all the time.

Since its almost a year since i joined i had to look out how easy it is too join up and was surprised to see all you need is a user name, a password and a valid email address to verify and you are able to post straight away.

This is why it is too easy for the spammers to get on the board, the sign up process is too easy.

I am polling that we need to make it harder for spammers to sign onto this board and post there shit

1. Leave things as they are.

2. Make the registration process pre-approved by mods before new members can post and included more questions like "what is there interest in rape fantasy?"

3. Have a 24 hour wait before the member can post on this board altogether.

I think two is the way to go, by making it a required field for new members to give a little example on what is there interest in rape fantasy at the sign up stage will allow the mods to screen potential members for people that are not interested in this site for the right reasons other than to spam, if the mods are not happy with what they say in this section they can reject them.

Three is another option floated but i am personally not happy that members are restricted in such a manner to start with.

Some will think that making the sign up process harder is bad thing and put potential members off signing up but ask yourself, if at signing up you were asked to spend a minute typing up a bit about "what your interest in Rape Fantasy is" would that have really put you off from joining as most people put this information in the "introduce yourself" thread anynow?

Last edited by clan_hunter; 02-19-2007 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
BoredMom
Privileged Member

BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BoredMom has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via ICQ to BoredMom Send a message via Yahoo to BoredMom

OK, I'm a bit for number two and three. I voted for two as it would probably be the easiest for mods to manage.

I do believe that if new members were moderated for at least one to three days, it would stop much of the spam. Mods could see if a new member was truly wanting to benefit from the board, or upset it. If their post was board related, it could be sent on to the board. If it was spam, the post and member could be deleted.

The main question with this is, do the mods have the time to invest in something like this. I have moderated groups before that had to have all messages approved, and it does consume quite a bit of time.

I don't see the spam on the board mainly because I don't look on the main board much. I check out the new posts, which sidesteps most of the spam postings. This is a touchy subject, and many people only want to take away from the fantasy of it. A good way to do that is to spam.

So, moderate new members for a few days? Might get the board back on track again.
BoredMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #3
clan_hunter

[QUOTE=BoredMom]

The main question with this is, do the mods have the time to invest in something like this. I have moderated groups before that had to have all messages approved, and it does consume quite a bit of time.
QUOTE]

Its not about modding a new member for two - three days or pre-approving every post made on this board, its the concept to approve there application to the board as a new member i was meaning, as part of the the signing up process new members should be asked why they want to join the board or what is there interest in joining the board is?

If the mods are not happy with the answer or if someone just puts a 'dot' in the field, they can choose to reject them out right.

Last edited by clan_hunter; 02-19-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #4
dante

dante Level 3 (300+)dante Level 3 (300+)dante Level 3 (300+)dante Level 3 (300+)
Send a message via MSN to dante

Number 2 is the best out of those 3, but if it's bots the whole thing could be simpler by adding one of the weird code entries to the registration process and a email confirmation that needs to be clicked in order to activate an account.

If you're sure it's not bots then 2 is the best way to go i'd say, i've had spam on the guestbook of my site and it is usually just bots from what i've seen on other forums as well.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
clan_hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante
Number 2 is the best out of those 3, but if it's bots the whole thing could be simpler by adding one of the weird code entries to the registration process and a email confirmation that needs to be clicked in order to activate an account.

If you're sure it's not bots then 2 is the best way to go i'd say, i've had spam on the guestbook of my site and it is usually just bots from what i've seen on other forums as well.

Good point i do not think that there is a "weird code" entry and that may reduce some of the spam but we do get spammers that are joining up that are not bots but is a good idea.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:55 PM   #6
dante

dante Level 3 (300+)dante Level 3 (300+)dante Level 3 (300+)dante Level 3 (300+)

I think the email confirmation quite often gets rid of the bots as it's a bit hard to set that up really, or at least it's more of a pain in the ass. It's a difficult one to get around really and I don't know what the vbulletin options are for dealing with spam, it just seems that moderating someone for a couple of days is just as much work as dealing with the spammers is all.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
Andering REDDSON
Banned

Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Andering REDDSON has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Make it IMPOSSIBLE for a spam post…
¡IT’S STARTEN TO FUCKEN PISS ME OFF! ¡MOTHERFUCKEN SPAMING BITCHES, HALF THE FUCKEN BORED THEIR FUCKEN CRAP! ¿DO THEY REALLY THINK I NEED FUCK DRUGS? ¡EVEN THE FUCKEN DOC SAYS I DON’T!
Not that I got an opinion or anything…

Last edited by Andering REDDSON; 02-19-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: fonts, casue I'm pissed.
Andering REDDSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
clan_hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andering REDDSON
Not that I got an opinion or anything

Cant see why not?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andering REDDSON
Make it IMPOSSIBLE for a spam post…[/SIZE]
¡IT’S STARTEN TO FUCKEN PISS ME OFF! ¡MOTHERFUCKEN SPAMING BITCHES, HALF THE FUCKEN BORED THEIR FUCKEN CRAP! ¿DO THEY REALLY THINK I NEED FUCK DRUGS? ¡EVEN THE FUCKEN DOC SAYS I DON’T![/SIZE]
Not that I got an opinion or anything…[/SIZE]
That in itself is impossible unfortunately.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
Luke rape stalker
or Jekyll and Hyde

Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Luke rape stalker has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

i think 2 is a good way, but think about...

Mods, you have to read it first and then you give it free or not. This is more spends for you and the newbies have to wait too.

is the possibility 3 without more spends for you? I think if someone really want post something he/she can wait 24 hours. And look back, there are some members who just registrated and wrote things like "take it now" and never seen again. I think we can life without them.
You mods make a good job, its your choose how much (more) spend you can take.

I´ve already ask this: is it technical possible to allow links only after 10 other posts or after the "ok" from a mod??
Luke rape stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
Sanitarium
Movie Mobster

Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sanitarium has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Well IMHO restrictions are not a good thing. On the other hand spam posts is not a good thing either.

Spam messages has mostly links to sites with various things. So one propostion is to filter messages links. We can allow links ending in .zip. rar, jpg, .gif, .7z etc. but not links ending in .htm, .html, .php, .asp, .jsp, .cfm etc.

If this is not possible or causes other troubles that I cannot think right now then I agree with the second oprion in the poll.
Sanitarium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #12
somedude
W.I.R. and Marshal

somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

We're not changing sign up policy! My in-box is full enough of those reported thread e-mails, don't need to wade through member applications.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #13
Rogue
Immoral Irishman

Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

On another site I am on, when you register at the bottom of the page it asks "What's the name of the actress this website is dedicated too?"

If we had to type in "Rape Fantasy" or something as an answer to a similar question, that would make registration harder and gives the mods no work.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 AM   #14
somedude
W.I.R. and Marshal

somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Now that is a useful suggestion Rogue! I think I'll take that to admin and see what he thinks!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:00 AM   #15
innocent
Privileged Member

innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)innocent has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

a very good idea rogue! would save a hell of a lot of work for us mods and seeing as tho we dont get paid for this job thats a good thing!
innocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 AM   #16
clan_hunter

Good one rogue,

Not one i had thought of, i think this is a simple solution answer and will reduce
the spam workload for the mods, which is what this post is about.

Anyone have any other suggestions put them forward

Old 02-20-2007, 05:30 AM   #17
Louise
Privileged Member

Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Louise has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

yes, before anyone becomes a member they have to bring three treasures from the deepest seas, climb the highest mountain in Abyssinia, circumnavigate Antartica and then...come see me...

Which task would you say is the most arduous?

Nods at CH for trying x
Old 02-20-2007, 05:39 AM   #18
clan_hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louise
yes, before anyone becomes a member they have to bring three treasures from the deepest seas, climb the highest mountain in Abyssinia, circumnavigate Antartica and then...come see me...

Which task would you say is the most arduous?

Nods at CH for trying x

"Ahh see the prize at the end is too meet you and that is worth all of those tasks" he says in a cheesy chat line voice
Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 AM   #19
menace
Privileged Member

menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to menace

Option 3. will do nothing.
If it is a bot, it will not stop sending threads until one is accepted. It only delays the problem, instead of dealing with spambots joined today, and preparing for those that will join tomorrow, you will be dealing with bots that joined yesterday and preparing for those that joined today. And by what Clan says about the rate of posting spam links, I'd say there are definatelly bots involved.

If it is a human spammer, I must say I seriously doubt any measures will stop them completely. A slightly more complicated procedure should curb their numbers though.
A combination of captcha (that what those weird codes are called) and confirmation email should stop bots and hold up human spammers w/o detering the potencial members too much. And if it proves inefective, you can always add more twist to the process.
menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #20
dante

I agree menace, although the question was a good idea in theory the main problem I can foresee is that people would end up having to read through a bunch of stuff to actually find that answer which would put people off, same problem you'd get with a 24 hour wait, people probably would not want to bother waiting and just not bother at all.