Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos - Go To Main Page
Message board for people who wish to roleplay and discuss rape fantasies.

Real Time Bondage

Welcome to the Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Rape Board - Free rape pictures and videos > Miscellaneous > Idle Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Rape gallery Incest gallery Bestiality gallery Gay sex gallery Anime gallery Scat gallery

Old 03-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #1
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Why do we say that?

I thought it may be useful and informative to have all of those things we always wondered about explained to us. You know those little phrases and sayings that sometimes make you wonder "why do we say that?"?

So if you ever find yourself thinking just that, then this is the place to ask. I'm sure with all the great minds hereabouts we can find the answer to almost anything.

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Welshing on a bet.

When two people make a bet and the loser refuses to pay up, or when a bookmaker refuses to honour a winning betting slip, they are often said to have welshed.

Why is that?

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
dashrendar44
Kamina

dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

likely because it is derived from the welsh people and the stereotype that they are untrustworthy in monetary affairs. its similar to the once popular phrase "jewed", as in "he jewed me out of 20$". basically, its a slur against the welsh

"I've been thinking with my gut since I was 14, and I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." ~ Rob Gordon, High Fidelity

"All men are potential rapists. ALL MEN. Even the pope!" ~ Shirley Valentine

"When you're pushed, killing's as easy as breathing." ~ John Rambo, Rambo IV

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway." ~ Syd Barrett, Rolling Stone, December 1971
dashrendar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

I was never aware of that stereotype of the Welsh. Growing up Scots and Jews were often referred to as being tight fisted, but only in a joking manner rather than as some sort of prejudiced but I had never heard of the Welsh supposedly being untrustworthy with money.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
dashrendar44
Kamina

dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)dashrendar44 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

im not sure its with money in particular, just distrustful in general. something along the lines of backing out of commitment, at least as far as im aware. indeed though, it is the scots that are more well known for their penny pinching, what with how all the famous scors are all bankers and stuff

ive always wondered about euphmisms. george carlin did an incredible thing on euphamisms, i highly suggest you watch it: http://greattube.net/video/9326/Geor...uphemisms.html

ive always really wondered about 2 of the terms he brings up in that video, pre board and pass away. what the fuck?

"I've been thinking with my gut since I was 14, and I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." ~ Rob Gordon, High Fidelity

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway." ~ Syd Barrett, Rolling Stone, December 1971
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 AM   #6
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

The worlds two most famous Scots (Batfink excepted of course ) Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling. Nobody could accuse them of penny pinching....

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
dashrendar44
Kamina

id have wagered that gordon ramsay would be the most famous scot

Old 03-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

I tend to think of Ramsay as a talented but gobby twat rather than a Scot.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
dashrendar44
Kamina

really? i met gordon about a month ago and he was a really nice guy. i cant see what people have against him...

this really got derailed didnt it XD

Old 03-13-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

Nothing wrong with a bit of chitchat whilst we wait for the questions to come flooding in! I'm sure Gordon Ramsay is a terrific chap and having tried a few of his ideas he most certainly is a good chef. He does have a big gob though but I realise much of that is playing up to the camera.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
dashrendar44
Kamina

if you are referring to how he swears a lot, im not really sure. it might have something to do with him being on TV i suppose, but that really is just the industry standard. a family friend used to be apastry chef, and i know a couple other chefs from other online forums that have said that how he talks in the kitchen is pretty normal for a chef that runs a tight ship. gordon is a perfectionist and simply expects the best of all his donkeys XD

Old 03-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

My late sister was a chef, she had a foul temper in the kitchen but not a foul mouth. You were more likely to fall victim to a withering look or a flying saucepan than be cut down in a swathe of verbal abuse.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

Old 03-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
ChiTownHoney
Pa'l Mundo

ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

God, you guys are boring.

Why does someone say "I could care less about that" Well, if you really want to say that you really dont care about something, why would you go and make it a point that you actually could care less? It really should be "I couldnt care less about that" that way, you are really sinking it in deep by that object being so meaningless to you, there is not a care that you can muster at all.
ChiTownHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #14
pervipete
Watching from the shadows

pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pervipete

Maybe what you saying is that it is so unimportant that you can't be bothered about it at all, that there is no way to show how little you care.
pervipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #15
Hailo
Privileged Member

Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via MSN to Hailo

Okie this one used to bug me but where i work, i have ended up using it alot but i haven't a clue why we say it.

"It's all swings and roundabouts"..grr
Old 03-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #16
pervipete

pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I've googled this and apparantly it comes from a poem called 'Roundabouts and Swing' by Patrick Chalmers

Quote:
It was early last September nigh to Framlin'am-on Sea,
An' 'twas Fair-day come to-merrow, an' the time was after tea,
An' I met a painted caravan adown a dusty lane,
A Pharaoh with his waggons comin' jolt an' creak an' strain;
A cheery cove an' sunburnt, bold o' eye and wrinkled up,
An' beside him on the splashboard sat a brindled terrier pup,
An' a lurcher wise as Solomon an' lean as fiddle-strings
Was joggin' in the dust along 'is roundabouts and swings.
"Goo'-day," said 'e; "Goo'-day," said I; "an' 'ow d'you find things go,
An' what's the chance o' millions when you runs a travellin' show?"
"I find," said 'e, "things very much as 'ow I've always found,
For mostly they goes up and down or else goes round and round."
Said 'e, "The job's the very spit o' what it always were,
It's bread and bacon mostly when the dog don't catch a 'are;
But lookin' at it broad, an' while it ain't no merchant king's,
What's lost upon the roundabouts we pulls up on the swings!"
"Goo'luck," said 'e; "Goo'luck," said I; "you've put it past a doubt;
An' keep that lurcher on the road, the gamekeepers is out."
'E thumped upon the footboard an' 'e lumbered on again
To meet a gold-dust sunset down the owl-light in the lane;
An' the moon she climbed the 'azels, while a nightjar seemed to spin
That Pharaoh's wisdom o'er again, 'is sooth of lose-and-win;
For "up an' down an' round," said 'e, "goes all appointed things,
An' losses on the roundabouts means profits on the swings!"

Last edited by pervipete; 03-13-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Found the complete poem
Old 03-13-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
sparks
Banned

sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)sparks has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
ChiTownHoney God, you guys are boring.

Why does someone say "I could care less about that" Well, if you really want to say that you really dont care about something, why would you go and make it a point that you actually could care less? It really should be "I couldnt care less about that" that way, you are really sinking it in deep by that object being so meaningless to you, there is not a care that you can muster at all.
will you marry me

welshing on a bet is cause no Englishmen can be trusted just look what they did with tea

no brainier for me

cheers or should I say tea's on
sparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #18
Hailo
Privileged Member

Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Hailo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via MSN to Hailo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervipete View Post
I've googled this and apparantly it comes from a poem called 'Roundabouts and Swing' by Patrick Chalmers
Wow, thank you Pervi very complicated
Old 03-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #19
pervipete

Default Welshing on a bet

One explanation is that it's based on a nursery rhyme

Quote:
Taffy was a Welshman,
Taffy was a thief;
Taffy came to my house
And stole a piece of beef.
I went to Taffy's house,
Taffy was not home;
Taffy came to my house
And stole a marrow bone.
I went to Taffy's house,
Taffy was not in;
Taffy came to my house
And stole a silver pin.
I went to Taffy's house,
Taffy was in bed;
I took up a poker
And threw it at his head.
There are different verses but this one I think is most relevent

Quote:
Taffy was a Welshman, Taffy was a cheat,
Taffy came to my house, and pissed upon the seat,
I went to Taffy's house, Taffy was in bed,
So I climbed in through the window, and kicked him in the head

Last edited by pervipete; 03-13-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Found more info, and yes I'm showing off now
Old 03-14-2009, 01:33 AM   #20
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

Default It's an American thing.

In Britain we do say "I couldn't care less".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHoney View Post
God, you guys are boring.

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!