Thread: A sad affair
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #6
jwham
Privileged Member

jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)jwham has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I agree that it would seem odd to use a grenade, but we do not know all the details, could be one of her would be rescuers used bad judgment, could be that the intelligence given to them was flawed, there are just to many unknown variables to rush to judgment.

I do question her judgment to be there in the first place, as commendable as it was, life is full of choices and risks, and I'm sure she knew the risk of the choice she made, I agree with BTN, that here are I'm sure millions of civilians there caught up in a situation not of their choosing, and that is a sad affair, and although Linda Norgrove's situation was a result of her own choosing, it to is a sad affair.
jwham is offline   Reply With Quote