Thread: A sad affair
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Lil-Mac
The Resthome Rapist

Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil-Mac
Default A sad affair

Several weeks ago a British civilan aid worker named Linda Norgrove was captured by the Taliban. It is well known how the Taliban treats western captives and many feared for her life. A rescue mission was launched to get her back and sadly it failed. Linda was killed and now it seems she was killed by American troops sent in to get her. These werent ordinary troops, they were Green Berets, the best we have. Even the best make mistakes and in this case it was with tragic results.

While my heart goes out to her family and friends I have to ask myself a question. Why was she there? I dont ask this to in any way try to blame her for her own death, the fault clearly rests with her captors, the Taliban. The thing is, Afghanistan is a war zone, the entire country. There are no real safe havens, no real rear area. The danger is ever present, and it's everywhere.

I guess the point I am trying to make is this. Until the security level in country improves then civilian workers should be pulled out. Afganistan is a war zone, civilians have no place in a war zone. Western governments have a duty to protect their citizens and this is the best way to do it. Not only would it protect our civilian citizens but it would eliminate an unnecessary risk to our troops. Remember they are putting their lives on the line with every mission they have to perform. Their jobs are already tough enough, they dont need to be put in additional danger by going on needless missions.

Last edited by Lil-Mac; 10-12-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Lil-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote