View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 04:06 AM   #1
batffink
Privileged Member

batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)batffink has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Wilkinson v. Gillette

An American tourist was declaiming loudly in a rural English pub about the superior quality of American razor blades manufactured by King Gillette. (He was probably from Texas, heh heh)

An elderly English ex-Colonel, very pukka, took exception to this and took the American to task, arguing that English made Wilkinsons were far superior to any on the planet.

"My memsahib once accidently swallowed a Wilkinson razor blade in '25" he puffed "and over the next month she had to wait while nature took its course and it passed out in the normal manner"

"So what?" said the underwhelmed American, "what was so special about that?'

"I'll tell you what, my old fruit" said the geriatric Colonel, "On the way out, it gave her a tonsillectomy, an appendectomy, a clitorodectomy, sliced the middle finger off the gardener's right hand, circumcised the Vicar AND I got twelve good shaves out of it after that!