View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #12
pervipete
Watching from the shadows

pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pervipete

OK, thats a good and typical FR, blame the victims.

Part of that is the great contradiction of politics, pressure people to spend years learning skills and acquiring knowledge, then "what we can't provide jobs for that? Well don't be choosy, not our fault you have wasted years and money, well we did tell people to train, train, train for a glorious future in <add career>, but we're politicians, you don't really expect us to actually do something about providing jobs eh? I'm alright Jack, you can go hang...whats that you say, election coming up...well off course I am going to make sue that all is done, but it was the last lots policies, I know I have been in power for a few years now, and I know I haven't really done anything, but its everyone's fault but mine"

I am talking about in general around where I am, and please don't go all Tebbit on me, its not so easy to move away on the off chance about getting a a job, especially when you have to take in account that with an aging population, combined with the expectation that you have to help look after them, people may not be in a position to move away. And as I say, they is no guarantee that the job market will be any better.

And FR, to certain degree you are right about responsibility, but, and this is a big but, I can't attract employers to my area, that is up to local government, same as keeping them here once the building is open...My responsibility is keeping the job once I am in...

And BTW, I have changed careers, spent years training in computers, couldn't get a job, so I now unload lorries for living, via a 7-11 and selling suits and luggage.
pervipete is offline   Reply With Quote