View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #39
Lil-Mac
The Resthome Rapist

Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lil-Mac has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil-Mac

A good thread. I have read the posts and there really isnt much I can add but perhaps I can a put in a comment or two

Yes the 2nd amendment was written at a time in our history when the nation needed an armed citizenrey to help defend it, but that time has long passed. I am not saying it should be done away with, but there should be tighter limits on who has access to gus, especially hand guns. AND the accrutrement that go along with them... like the 30 round clips this nut was carrying.

The people at the event subdued him as he was changing magz... if the guy had had only a 10 or 12 round mag far fewer people would have been killed and wounded. Perhaps that little angel who he killed would still be alive. My heart is breaking over her death. If there is anyone here who hasnt read about her, please do. This was a very special child, she would have made a difference in the world and we are all the poorer for her passing.

The ban on assualt weapons should never have been allowed to lapse. The goddamned republican congress of 2004 is directly to blame for this, and indirectly to blame for the magnitude of the trajedy this past Saturday. Had that ban NOT been allowed to lapse the 30 round magz would STILL be illegal. Yet another example of how Bush and the Republicans fucked America.

Now before my good republican friends here decide to lynch me let me say this. There are many great republicians, both in and out of government. The country needs them, needs their spirit, their drive, their wisdom. But something happened to the Republican Party during the first decade of this new century. (yes I am aware 9/11 happened but that doest excuse it, though it HAS become a cover for all sorts of shady republican deals)

These are NOT Reagan's Republicans, they are something else. I am a Reagan Republican, was proud to be one, am still proud to be one. These days though, I look at what the party has become and I cringe.

There are many people in this country who are on the verge of violence. Just look at the last election, there were attacks, candidates were haressed and threatened, black members of congress were spat apon on the very steps of the capital, party offices were vandilized, it was a horrible election. Not because of the outcome, but because of the attitudes and actions that were prevelent.

This country has serious problems, and it needs serious people from ALL political leanings to come together and solve them. We need another Reagan, and I dont care what party he or she comes from. Someone who can shame us, challenge us, and make us put aside our differences and acknowledege our commonalities. Someone to remind us that we are ALL in this together and it's going to take the efforts of all of us to move forward.

*Looks at his post* Damn, I had no intention of writing this much. HRH, my conservitive friend, lets go grab a beer and talk about better days.

Last edited by Lil-Mac; 01-15-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Lil-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote