View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 05:23 AM   #4
MinaPi
Privileged Member

MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)MinaPi has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to MinaPi

Confidently, Nikki closed the gap between the liquor store to her apartment, not knowing that she was being followed. As she reached for her keys, a baritone voice interrupted her silent reverie, "Mrs. Brown? I'm a police officer, Shremer. I have a few questions to ask you. Can I come and talk with you for a minute?"

Her heart thudded in her chest and she silently hoped that the police officer wouldn't be able to tell how nervous his very presence made her. She couldn't let him in of course, she still had several items that she had stolen over the past few weeks stashed around her house. Her overconfidence was her failing point as obviously the police have found her.

Chancing that he didn't suspect her for her crimes and it was a completely unrelated incident, she palmed her keys and pressed her back to the door. "I'm afraid that my place is very messy. If you have something to say, I'd prefer that we say it out here." She flashed him an embarrassed smile, as if she were reluctant to let him in because of her poor housekeeping.