Thread: The Courtroom
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #56
kimmy
Privileged Member

kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)kimmy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
There IS a purpose to the real rape thread, and it's worth fighting to keep it.

As most of you have seen by now, my story is in that thread. Rape survivors site? Please. I've been there. I have no intention of being the victim again and again by throwing up my hands and crying "Woe is me" on a survivors' site. That works for some - it doesn't for me. What empowered me was that I reclaimed my story by telling it. I told it here because it's one of the few places I can even say the word "rape" and nobody reaches for the smelling salts.

Monsters live in the dark. Every person who wrote their story in that thread feels better for showing their personal monsters the light of day. Do you have any idea how cleansing it was to write that? Yes, I am aware that some people find the real rape thread arousing. I don't care. If reading about me being attacked blows your hair back, you have my blessing. Fap away. Just don't tell me about it.

That thread is not there for the people who read it. It's the only thread on the board that is there for the people who post in it.
i too posted in that thread and i was a bit surprised too see it on this board,i guess alot of visitors do get off on it,but i'm sure they do the same at those support groups too,so i agree with you 100% sierra,let them jack away,who cares,if they do it here,where one has to expect that becuase of the whole purpose of the board,maybe they won't do it as much at those support groups,where the females there wouldn't expect that at all.