Thread: The Courtroom
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #48
Sierra
Privileged Member

Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

There IS a purpose to the real rape thread, and it's worth fighting to keep it.

As most of you have seen by now, my story is in that thread. Rape survivors site? Please. I've been there. I have no intention of being the victim again and again by throwing up my hands and crying "Woe is me" on a survivors' site. That works for some - it doesn't for me. What empowered me was that I reclaimed my story by telling it. I told it here because it's one of the few places I can even say the word "rape" and nobody reaches for the smelling salts.

Monsters live in the dark. Every person who wrote their story in that thread feels better for showing their personal monsters the light of day. Do you have any idea how cleansing it was to write that? Yes, I am aware that some people find the real rape thread arousing. I don't care. If reading about me being attacked blows your hair back, you have my blessing. Fap away. Just don't tell me about it.

That thread is not there for the people who read it. It's the only thread on the board that is there for the people who post in it.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote