Thread: The Rowdy Room
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #11
Sierra
Privileged Member

Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sierra has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

To be honest, I'll take just about any form of conversation.

I miss the old days, too, but we got away with it because there was something ELSE on the forum. If arguments and savagery were not your cup of tea, you could join in dozens of threads in Idle Talk (one or two of them might even be intelligent), waste time in the games, or download some really excellent vids from ten or twelve quality uploaders.

Now that we have nobody uploading except for the same old garbage, no discussions to speak of in Idle Talk, and the rape forums infested, the Rowdy Room has become the meeting place for us die-hards. When people wander in to see what's going on they back out hurriedly, never to return.

My opinion - worth every penny you pay for it - is that we need a little more activity elsewhere before we get out the gutting knives and pull the pin on the grenades with people who wander in. (Trolls and idiots wanting to pimp their wives and girlfriends are excepted from this, but I think we hunted them nearly to extinction.)

The death of RapidShare, the pestilence of spam, and new laws have made it unlikely that we will ever return RB to its former glory, but we could bring it back to the point where it's worth logging in more than once a week if we spend as much time building up as tearing down.

Your mileage may vary, of course. This is just one old timer's opinion.
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote