View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #47
LIDM99810
Privileged Member

LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)LIDM99810 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

See here's the thing. Ppl don't live their lives thru mags, they see everyday ppl, its well known mags are airbrushed. I don't think ppl are that silly and naieve they'd take a fashion mag or mens mag as gospel of how women look.

What they're doing is showing beuatiful ppl. Models are beautiful, and they are thin because clothes hang better. Its an industrylike any other, selling ideals and beauty. Women are beautiful, they have nice assets ahem.. boobs.

I don't see where the argument that womens mags affect ppl detrimentally. Pehrhpas tweens maybe, but you see those kids grow up.

The reason ppl run into personal problems, or illness really has nothing to do with the issue. I really believe that. Sure they might make them follow fashion, but what's the ahrm in that?

If you notice worldwide statistics, ppl aren't getting thinner, they're actually getting fatter. In aus, obesity affects more than 60 percent of adults. Not sure about kids, but its becoming a problem.

In my day, no one was fat, we didn't have videos games (at least we only had omega pcs etc) we ran around and played, not plonked in front of the tv to shut us up. We didn't have the internet, and very adult I knew was a normal weight. My family always encouraged physical activity.

There's way more pointers to mental illness, or eating disorders than some fashion mag. As I said before, anorexia has a 100 percent morbidity rate. Ppl odnt starve to be the normal kind of thin, they starve way beyond that sexy thin point. Of course the internet has a culture of ana wannabees, who idolise anorexia as a weight loss tool.

When I was in the midst of it, I weighed and maintain a tiny 32 kilos for over 2 years. I now have brittle bones, and hormone imbalances, took me 7 years to start mentstruating again. But that's got nothing to do with my point.

Just think about it guys.
LIDM99810 is offline   Reply With Quote