View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 AM   #32
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

May not be that simple. After McGuinness resigned, the resulting election reduced the Unionist majority in the NI assembly to 1. So Sinn Fein are more influential than they were. To now, the assembly hasn't been able to re-affirm its power sharing role, and it is possible that Westminster will have to impose direct rule.

Then there is the European Union. Part of what has made power sharing work is the open border with the Irish Republic. Ireland and the United Kingdom have both expressed an interest in keeping this arrangement after Brexit, however the E.U may decide to impose a border. Movement of goods and labour was always fairly free between the UK and Ireland after partition, up until "the troubles" required strict border controls.

Of course, given the remain vote from the province, some might argue that it is the United Kingdom that is imposing a border with the European Union. Personally, I can see Ireland being amongst other countries voting to leave the European Union. I some times joke about them applying to re-join the United Kingdom, but as I have already pointed out in this thread, the only time Ireland was united was when it was part of the United Kingdom.

Northern Ireland is probably going to miss McGuinness, for all his "sins". The new breed of nationalist politicians are shaping up in the mould of Nicola Sturgeon like entitled idiots, that will only succeed in isolating people from our political process, and probably impoverishing them further at the same time.

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote