View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #32
justmetoo
Privileged Member

justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)justmetoo has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
However, my problem lies with the individual soldiers themselves who pick and bully their fellow soldier. They are doing it because of conservative Christian values pushed by tradition and the politicians. It drives me nuts.
OK. Now I understand where you are coming from. Individuals are very hard to control even in a military situation. But where do you draw the line? Bullying is common in many situations outside of sexual orientation. Ask any school yard kid about it. It only gets worse as one grows older. Even certain professional occupations are expecting this and know it is part of life.

I do have problems with you blaming it on how they were raised however. Just as you were raised in a situation that led you to a liberal point of view they were raised in an environment that led them to be conservative. This is not something that you can affix blame to. It is the way life is. You cannot just say carte blanche that one view is correct and the other is not. Life is not black and white.

To fix the problems both sides have to come to realize that they both need to compromise. One side cannot be tossing apples or atomic bombs at the other and expect to succeed. To do so just tosses us back in history a couple of hundred of years.
justmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote