View Single Post
Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #25
Memento Mori

Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Memento Mori has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

We basically agree about dadt, you just don't like my tone on the matter, am I right, Lil' Mac? That's fine. But quit being sensitive. I'm not attacking you. Nor am I attacking soldiers. I'm voicing my mind. I thought that was allowed here. The name calling shows a lack of maturity, Mac. Put on your grown up pants, and read what I'm trying say without judging.

I dislike having my knowledge of a subject questioned from a person with no idea of what I've seen. It's rude and illogical. A logical point cannot be made by using the 'walk in their shoes' argument if you don't know what the other person has knowledge of. I simply find your idol worship distasteful, as I've stated. A hero must be respected, but they are still people, and I can disagree with one if I feel they are wrong. That's not judgment, merely an observation.

I don't know you, but I like you, and appreciate your fierce patriotic spirit, but you lost me at the name calling. I quit reading at that point because it's sad and childish. I respect you, but I refuse to have a battle of wits with the unarmed if name calling is the best point you've made so far.

I know you are more intelligent than you sound at the moment, so hear me out. We agreed that heroes have flaws. You simply find me disrespectful about the way I think on the subject. I can live with that, but I do not feel that I was attacking you. You made it personal with being politely patronizing, stating, in essense, that I don't know what I'm talking about. I was questioning the emotionally based points you were making. I didn't have my guns out, either. I don't need my guns to scratch an itch. I'm as passionate as you are about the subject. We basically agree, give or take, we just have different definitions of respect. I'll respect my way, and you yours. Truce?