View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 09:16 AM   #14
Flesh4Fantasy
Banned

Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Flesh4Fantasy has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenlied View Post

The first and - due to lack of interest - last RB Story Contest is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapeKarenX View Post
Aww. I really enjoyed the stories posted. Even if you got far fewer than expected entries, there is a lot of fantastic stories. I enjoy them and hope you try this again so more people can get inspiration and submit. I'm a newbie and love reading the stories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenlied View Post
Well, thank you, I appreciate it.

But knowing myself quite well I can assure you ... no, I won't.
I don't blame you one bit, Sternenlied. Nor do I doubt your word on the finality of your decision. I can fully empathize with you regarding the disappointment over the lack of entries. I myself had envisioned that there would be at least a dozen entries. At a minimum. Perhaps as many as two dozen stories.

I anticipated very fierce competition as RB authors posted stories they had sweated over so diligently, so lovingly that the myriad of fresh, quality stories forced the readers to make difficult choices in selecting whom to vote for.

I expected the readers to have to concentrate on getting all the entries read in order to vote before the poll closed. I looked forward very much to reading the comments and chatter in the threads of this forum that must surely arise as the choices were debated. I imagined biting my nails and watching the poll results with a tremulous eye...

I also feel satisfied with my own effort here. I believe whole heartedly that I have given my finest effort: a new story not yet seen in this forum, an inventive plot, a fully realized story unrestrained in the telling, a novel approach in that I used a co-author and my choice of co-author did not disappoint either - she delivered the words needed to explore the full potential of the tale.

I will not feel disappointed in myself for what I have done here.

Nor should you, Dear Stern. I have nothing but praise for how you orchestrated this event. A truly exciting concept so well executed that it would seem to have been in its third or fourth incarnation, not freshly conceived.

Your hard work on this contest inspired me to give my utmost. To try and rise to the example of excellence which you had set before word one was even committed to the page.

I can only hope that my effort has lived up to the standard which you yourself have set for commitment to this project....

One last public Thank You for the opportunity which you have given to this board.

In deepest appreciation,
Flesh4Fantasy
01-14-2010

Last edited by Flesh4Fantasy; 01-14-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Flesh4Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote