Thread: Da Rulez
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #17
cleanfun4all

To be fair to the mods, it’s not just their interpretation of the rules that has changed, the rules themselves have changed over time.

I really don’t know for sure what rules were put in place, or when. The current rules were posted by somedude in Oct of 2007, but I know that RB had the same basic rules long before that. I’m just not sure when a specific rule was first put in place.

I first joined RB in early 2005. Back then, I don’t think there were any written rules, or any mods to enforce them.

I don’t want to go back to that version of RB and I don’t think many others would either. As an example, there was one member who I referred to as “maggot boy,” due to his fondness for posting up close and personal pictures of maggots.

That guy would get banned now and justifiably so, but I don’t remember anything being done about him then.

In November of that year, we had the great RB crash of 2005. All the old posts were lost and everyone had to reregister.

As I recall, it was after that when the admin began adding mods. I don’t recall all of the names now, but the original mods eventually moved on and GRM became the senior mod, followed by somedude. They were the ones who brought some semblance of order to RB and made it a much better board than what it used to be.

Speaking of the rules, the often fanatically enforced rule against underage references, was not always here. In fact, as I recall, it was the addition of that rule, that led GRM to leave RB. Also, while I don’t know the details of how that rule came to be put in place, it did seem to me that there was one really overzealous mod who was the driving force behind that rule being added.

It’s not that I have an issue with the board rules per se and it’s not that I think the mods are all a bunch of power crazed assholes, it’s just, I think there are times when some of the mods, are a bit overzealous in enforcing the rules.