Thread: Snow!
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #8
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Did they hold a gun to your head, or threaten you with the sack if you didn't go? I was once offered work in Aberdeen, but decided self-imposed misery wasn't worth it so stayed in relatively temporal Manchester.

I'm sure former residents of say Auswichtz, or Russian salt mines, would find your attitude puzzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants70 View Post
To be honest, at first the winters here took me by surprise and I still hate them.
I moved up here with my job, came from a nice warm place in the US. The HR guys gave us a one day course on what it's like in Canada, but the first time it got cold, my wife and I were still mostly unprepared. Had to rush out and buy winter clothing.
I got a nice lump sum and pay rise, expenses are paid for etc. But fuck it, winter isn't easy once the snow comes. I reckon I know what the German army must have felt like camped outside Moscow in their summer uniforms, and there weren't any Walmarts nearby to go shopping for the warm kit.

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote