View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #27
Sternenlied
Unknown Entity

Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sternenlied

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHoney
So what? Turista, Hostel, and other location movies completely make the area look sick and terrible. I never want to go to Slovakia or Brasil seeing those movies. And I am willing to bet alot of the hillbilly redneck movies are the same too...even though I have never been to those areas.
I don't mind you feeling that way. I can actually understand it.
That's the entire point.
Prejudices are being created - most of them rather harmless but sometimes they extend to a level that is - in my opinion - over the top and quite unfair.

Quote:
Its a movie. Dont get too worked up about it.
I don't think anyone is getting "worked up" about it. It is however quite understandable as well as perfectly sound for "affected" people to oppose some of those works - sometimes it is not just "movie stupidity", sometimes it is just offensive.

Quote:
And if you dont like American movies, dont watch them and then you dont have to complain about it.
Neither did I complain about it nor did I say I didn't like US movies - I was merely stating a fact.