Thread: MacRipoff
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
BTN
Admiral Adama

BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batffink View Post
I promise you that this is not made up. Cross my heart and hope to die.

When I owned a spare parts and car accessories shop in Queensland in the 80's I once got a customer from out bush who requested 15 spray packs of a certain red colour (I can't remember the exact formula).
I made up the 15 spraypacks and off he went with them into the car park out front. Well you wouldn't fucking believe it but he started to respray his car. No taping off, no prep and not a care in the world for all the cars around him getting the overspray.
We just stood open mouthed as he used all 15, chucked the cans in a bin and then drove off in his still wet red car.

Another time I was too smart for my own good. An old Englishman came in for some spray paint for his Wolseley. I told him that I could easily make up the original formula for him but it still wouldn't match really well as his car was faded. I went on to say that normally we kept "fade" in stock but we were temporarily out it. The joke fell flat as he said he would wait 'til it came in and how long would he have to wait.
That taught me a fucking good lesson.
I've sold car parts and accsessories myself in the past and relate to your stories totally