View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #19
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I don't doubt that Pete, but there is a myriad of problems when you look at the flip side.

First of all there is the arrogance and the imposition of the "profession". The immediate assumption that when a disaster strikes then anyone involved must have a problem. A school kid dies and the whole school is offered counselling. Even the fucking teachers. I bet 80% of the people in the school couldn't even pick the little shit out in an ID parade after seeing his face on the news.

Then there is the creation of the myth of reliance on authority and so called "professionals". I could be a counsellor. I have a degree in Occupational Therapy, all I have to do is re-register with the BAOT, I could set up a private practise and be earning myself £50 an hour in no time. Feeling uneasy yet? The sum total of my formal training in counselling is two hours out of 4 years at university! What about now?

This reliance weakens the population and strengthens the state.

And how about counselling as a dependence? There are needy people in this world, all they need is a shove in the right direction from you, and they'll come running every time they perceive themselves to have a problem that only you can solve. Should people really be trading on this? Looks like exploitation to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervipete View Post

Counciling helps some people cope and that is ok by me.

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote