View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #58
tnc4fun
Privileged Member

tnc4fun Level 4 (400+)tnc4fun Level 4 (400+)tnc4fun Level 4 (400+)tnc4fun Level 4 (400+)tnc4fun Level 4 (400+)

As long as we're conversing about getting along with the fairer sex, having been married for nearly 36 years myself, I'lll merely pass on the wisdom my father passed on to me.

You have to let her know who's boss. You've got to walk right up to her and say, "You're the boss".

The secret to a successful marriage is two words, "Yes, dear". I was having a conversation with my mother years after my dad had died. I was relating to the fact that I had told my wife those exact words to end a particular argument we had had. My mother said to me, "You're father used to drive me crazy with that". I replied, "Who did you think I learned it from".

Gentleman, the point you need to work towards is where she says to you, "You're useless. It's obvious I'm going to have to do everything myself". Now be careful to answer, "Yes, dear". NEVER answer with either "pass me the remote" or "Can you get me a beer". Either one can be fatal.
tnc4fun is offline   Reply With Quote