Thread: Da Rulez
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 01:19 PM   #14
Rogue
Immoral Irishman

Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Rogue has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Well I said I would only bring this up if someone else did, not wanting to be a “mod basher” and all, and even though the original post was not referring to it, here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenlied View Post
I can only assume the thread still exists only because nobody bothered (or maybe everyone just forgot) to remove it back then.
It wasn’t removed because no rules were broken. That rule hasn’t changed at all since then, other than the Real Rape thread exception, it is only the mods’ interpretation that has. I’d say you guys are talking to admin about this at the moment, and I’ll put it this way, he didn’t edit the 2005 thread and I’m willing to bet he wouldn’t have edited the 2008 one. This is not saying he and Grm are better than you guys, it’s just something to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanfun4all View Post
someone, you perhaps, was wanting to do something to punish the members who posted in that thread
I’m not taking this as fact, but it’s something I actually wouldn’t have picked up on if you hadn’t said it, and it does make sense. My post did not break any rules, this is simply a fact, I didn't even get a warning. It was a list of celebrity names. Not “I heard there was a recording of celebrity X’s rape, let’s download it and talk about what I’d have done if I was the rapist.” NAMES. THE ANSWER TO A QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED. Yet Wicked said “Consider this thread locked and all posts that break the rules edited.” If you decide that the author of the thread (who has 7 posts in a year) had intended to discuss real rape in detail for the fun of it, then delete the thread, because it alone has broken the rules. Just don’t pretend that I have too to tidy it up, it’s insulting to put me in the same category as him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clan_hunter View Post
who wants to talk about a celeb that was raped, what more can you discuss other than "he/she was raped".
Good point, but the thread was locked before we could find out the answer to that question. I want to see the mods give more logical reasons like this rather hearing their own take on a 3 year old rule, so good work Clan.

Last edited by Rogue; 02-12-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote