View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 AM   #20
Sternenlied
Unknown Entity

Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sternenlied

Quote:
Do you think that rape is justified in the circumstances of war?
No, not at all! The fact that the men are at war doesn't change the rape itself for the victim. Rape is rape.
All I meant is I wouldn't compare rape in war to a rape happening in just another city in a street just around the corner. I think the mental state of mind - even the reason for the rape - of the rapist is quite different in times of war, that's all. Still doesn't make it right at all!
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that.

Quote:
I remember in some other thread, maybe deleted in the crash, people were asked what they liked in a rape movie, and a lot of posters said it just ruins it if the victim has an orgasm, or if it takes more than 10 minutes, or whatever--probably they (I'm guessing they were mostly men) might think my own fantasies/stories/comics were not really rape fantasies either, since the victim usually, eventually, finds her body responding against her will.
Well, I have to admit the victim enjoying it and/or having an orgasm as well doesn't do it for me either. But taste is something you just can't argue about.
I like things as well others don't.
I can understand though what the lure of the orgasm in a rape (for a man) can be: Being raped and still your body is betraying you by having an orgasm. It's the ultimate humiliation.

So I wouldn't divide people in those having "real rape fantasies" those who don't. Because you're right, it's just to vast a territory to discuss it without narrowing it down to a certain degree.