View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #42
RLA68
Banned

RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)RLA68 has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissRotter View Post
This may turn into a full raged rant, so i apologise in advanced.

ggggrrrrr

My uncle died yesterday after three years of suffering from Cancer of the Larynx.

The past month he could no longer speak through his stoma as the cancer had taken over and he had a feeding tube inserted into his stomach. The man defied all the times being told he wouldn't make it. He was supposed to have died in December but he pulled through then the first week of January the doctors said he wouldnt make it to Sunday, so they stopped feeding him or giving him any water and just heavily sedated him to take the pain away. His tongue was pushed out of his mouth as the cancer was growing rapidly and the doctors said that he would either die of suffocation or the cancer would push into his brain and he would bleed to death. He pulled through that Sunday and Monday night he was watching Eastenders so they began to feed him again.

The past week, he did begin to detiorate and on Friday they stopped feeding him as his bowels had collapsed and yesterday he gave his final breath in his sleep.

I have a BIG problem, i hate fucking cancer.
Prayers and condolescenes LMR.

You can take that he showed courage and resilience as a life lesson for those around before he was called up to the pearly gates. Never give up and never surrender. You have more inside of you then you know is what I would say was his last statement.

Cancer is a horrible thing though and I certainly hope it is defeated once and for all in my lifetime. As most I have had a couple family members and friends that have had it and it was tough to say the least.
RLA68 is offline   Reply With Quote