View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #9
rapel0ad

rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)rapel0ad Level 8 (800+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH1948 View Post
On the 27th of May, I checked out the server. On its opening page, it clearly stated that there was a 400 MB limit for free downloads. I began to download two files that were larger than 400 MB. For that matter, they were larger than larger than 800 MB. I had no problem.

Now, they have changed their opening page statement to a 800 MB limit for free downloads and it's being enforced. Who knows what it will be next week or for that matter, tomorrow.

As far as I can tell, there is no payment to the up-loader for downloads. The initial sign up fee is reasonable and there is no mentioned file deletion due to inactivity.

But, unfortunately the file server's rule change and decision to enforce the rule makes all of these posts illegal by the rules of this board. The links must be broken up into smaller sizes to allow for freeloaders. Sorry, Freudian slip. I meant to say, "free downloaders".

I have fought these issues with flea bitten file servers for several years.

Unless you are in this "hobby" for a profit motive, seriously consider Mediafire. It exactly meets all of my criteria.

Ty for your time to help HRH. I am glad to work with "filevega"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
OK ... 800MB Free, but the file is 1.1 GB so you can't download it for free right? Am I missing something here?
Dave pls dont care about the numbers. There is no problem for free downloaders. Just give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
thanks man, seen a couple but never had the full versions
You are welcome skel
rapel0ad is offline   Reply With Quote