View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #4
Trill
Banned

Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Trill has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via MSN to Trill Send a message via Yahoo to Trill

I looked wistfully out at the woman, humming in her own little oblivious way. "Goddamn... why do the breakaway countries always get the best looking birds?"
Her voice continued humming a soft melody. It had been a hard war, and none of us had had any female companionship in a long while. On a sudden impulse, I crept closer, Sargeant McMulray in tow. We both got a closer look at her soft pale skin, her long wavy blonde locks and the dress that in some places looked like it had been sprayed onto her.
The McMulray nudged me. "Boss? Look at this."
I glanced over to see something half-buried in the dirt. A piece of body armour, scratched and battered but still usable. Out of curiosity, I unearthed it and flipped it over. Crudely scratched on the inside were the words "Rebecca and Ray Forever".
Ray? I remembered something. A tall, balding man in the Secessionist army. R. Brennan. After I shot him, his last words drew me to hear: "Rebecca..."

"Her husband's dead," I told McMulray. "She's all alone, we can interrogate her and have something worthwhile to take back to HQ."
"Good idea, boss."
We put on our combat masks - standard black balaclavas - and crept around to the front door where she couldn't see us.
The front door, was closed, but not locked. We quietly entered and set about locking the windows and doors, then exited out the back door, gathering some rope and tape and a knife on the way out. At that moment, Rebecca exited the chicken coop, still lost in her own little world. McMulray went left to appoach her directly, I went right, circling around the coop and approaching from behind.
Trill is offline   Reply With Quote