Thread: Victim fellings
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #30
rpefan

rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)rpefan has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Default Saturday Night Live 04-16-77

Craig.....Elliot Gould
Ted Meyers.....Dan Aykroyd
Bob Lewis.....Garrett Morris
Roy Matthews.....Bill Murray
Sam Montgomery.....John Belushi

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Craig: Our last guest is Sam Montgomery, who, I understand, has started a twenty-four hour rape hotline.

Sam Montgomery: That's right, Craig. Almost invariably, a man is very upset after he's committed a rape, and we give the rapist an opportunity to talk to someone who understands what he's gone through.

Craig: Do you encourage the rapist to go to the police?

Sam Montgomery: Yes, of course. A big reason why there are so many rapes is that rapists very often do not go to the police.

Craig: Why not?

Sam Montgomery: Well, the police treat the rapist with disrespect; they arrest him; the police psychiatrists, who are often women, ask him embarrassing questions. It's a humiliating experience.

Craig: I think it's marvelous what you're doing. And I believe we have a number the rapist can call twenty-four hours a day..

[ SUPER: "Rape-Rap" ]

There it is. Rape-Rap. 5555-3355.

Sam Montgomery: We'd like to thank the phone company for cooperating by giving us that phone number.

Craig: [ to camera ] So, if you've raped someone in the last few days, why don't you give that number a call?

Sam Montgomery: It's completely anonymous. And we see that the name is not printed in the paper. Very often, to be known as a rapist is a social stigma, and it can ruin a man's life.

Craig: And good luck to you, Sam.

Sam Montgomery: Thank you, Craig.

Craig: We've run out of time. Thanks, men. Tune in tomorrow, when Mayor Beame talks about micing marriage and a career.

[ fade ]
rpefan is offline   Reply With Quote