Thread: Da Rulez
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #9
Sternenlied
Unknown Entity

Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Sternenlied has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Sternenlied

Quote:
Cool, there’s nothing quite like quotes that are taken utterly out of context and without a link back to where they were originally posted.

I skimmed through both somedude and stern’s posts, from the past couple of weeks and I could not find where those quotes came from.
That's why I don't appreciate being quoted without my approval.

That's because those posts were made in the moderator forum while discussing the subject of that topic.

Quote:
From the tone of their replies, it sounds like to me that someone, you perhaps, was wanting to do something to punish the members who posted in that thread and that somedude and stern were saying that they thought the deletion of the posts, constituted sufficient action.
A sound assumption. Not entirely correct though.

Quote:
I find it bemusing that while that post has the tone of a kindergarten teacher saying, “how many times have I told you, no running in the halls, PERIOD.” There’s another thread on this board on the EXACT SAME SUBJECT, that nobody seemed to have an issue with.
Well, as you can see I'm sure the thread you refer to is a rather old one.
I wasn't even a member of this board when it was started.
As some members from those days might remember several rules have been changed and/or implemented since them (underage rape for example - which was allowed back then).
I can only assume the thread still exists only because nobody bothered (or maybe everyone just forgot) to remove it back then.

Quote:
To be clear, I have no objection to a rule that says no real rape. In fact, on other forums, I myself have opened more than one can of ban on members who could not understand the difference between fantasy and reality. I just feel that lately, on this board, that rule has been enforced to the point of silliness.
One of the reasons the subject is being discussed right now.
I know from many posts that most members don't believe it but please give us the benefit of the doubt ... we moderators actually ARE working ... down in our badly illuminated cellar with no windows.