View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #37
menace
Privileged Member

menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHoney View Post
of course my history was correct, or did I need your approval?

By the way...by BROWN RACE, I meant all the Mestizo descended sons of the Mexica Empire, which is meant not literally as a "race", but as an identity. I am quite aware of the literal racial makeup of indiginous people. They were of mongol descent for the most part and NOT ALREADY MIXED WHITE. If that were the case, they would not have looked up at Cortes as a God because of his light skin.

However, I am not arguing about exact racial makeup, I am making a point about identity.
No, you do not. I just pointed out that I'm not disputing what you said.

The God-Cortez thing however I will dispute, since Cortez was never thought of as a God. This is a post-conquest myth perpetuated by the Spanish as a testament to their superiority of the natives.