View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #31
ChiTownHoney
Pa'l Mundo

ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ChiTownHoney has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Unfortunately I no longer have the explanation of what exactly constitutes a true latina or else I would go back and study it. It was quite some time ago, and the information was very interesting but having no reason to put it into practice and having alot on my mind recently I have forgotton it.

Oh shit, I shouldnt mislead you, most Latina's/o's do in fact fit the description of tan/olive skin, dark brown/black hair and certain other features, but not all do of course, there are exceptions however the image you have in your head is accurate for the most part. I'm just saying.

Oh, let me just give you a brief history of our people...In the republic of Mexico, which before conquest was indiginous...Northern and southern Mexico, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala...all the land of indiginous natives of the brown race. When Cortes conquered the land, he made the native sons slaves, raped the land and the people, and thus forcing the European language upon them and forcing their religion and way of life onto the weaker indiginous tribes. A new race of Ladinos/Mestizos (mixed white and brown) emerged and forced the old school natives out of their cities to dwell in the mountain tops or work in the fields owned by the rich Europeans as slaves. While many indiginous kept their traditions alive by forming their own communities...most adapted to the new law of their land and spoke the Spanish tongue and mixed in with the Mestizos...

That is why you see brown indians speaking Spanish today who call themselves "Latinos". They are as ignorant as they come. Their brown skin reflects an indiginous heritage and a history of being raped and conquered by the real Hispanics. That is why many Mexican-Americans do not use the term "Hispanic" as it is a scar..the white blood in them only reminds them of the rape and conquest of their ancestors.

I'm not saying I completely think this way...but alot of people do...Thats just a little bit of whats wrong with the ethnic labels..

Last edited by ChiTownHoney; 01-26-2009 at 11:57 PM.
ChiTownHoney is offline   Reply With Quote