View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 05:27 AM   #114
Black Rose Immortal

Black Rose Immortal has initial reputation

As a quiet and casual observer, it seems to me that what may perhaps be going on here is that Ms. Balishag has found a way to deal with the unfortunate incident from her past by rationalizing it in a way that is unusual, perhaps even shocking, but by no necessary means inherently wrong, or immoral.

Unless I have failed to understand her, it doesn't seem to me that she is seeking to push her admittedly, er, "unorthodox" views on others, but rather that she has found a way that works - for her - to rationalize and integrate this incident into her life. And to the extent that this is what is going on, she should be left alone with it.

I don't think that she truly thinks that the world would be a better place if the world adopted her viewpoint, but rather she simply does not want to be thought immoral for having adopted this viewpoint herself.

Having no sense of, but tremendous sympathy for, what the tragedy of rape entails, I am inclined to give its victims wide latitude in their interpretations of it.

Unless I have misunderstood her, in which case, I defer.
Black Rose Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote