View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:06 PM   #8
karl99

karl99 Level 2 (200+)karl99 Level 2 (200+)karl99 Level 2 (200+)

It's desfintly not a simple limit on the nunmber of downloads per day you can make. If you turn your router on and off, (if you have one) it will reset your IP or asomthing, eithier way on any other download site it clears your waiting time and the system sees you as a fresh user who hasn't downloaded anything yet.

Based on expiriance it think they simply ban any free users downloading from their servers at certian times of day. Since the old router rest trick works at certian times, and at other times of day, even if i have downloaded nothing for weeks, i can't get a slot. All the evidance points to a time lock which locks free users out at busy times of day.

To those saying we should buy a membership, has it ever occured to you that as more prolific members than the majority who do a great deal of uploading and thus, (i presume) downloading to find these clips you get far better value for money that membership than the majority of us, who once you knock off the non-RS downloads get less than a 100 files a year off RS, (in my case). Thus i would be effectivlly paying a couple of pounds per movie, far too high to be worth it, especially since theres so much non-rapidshare content. Only the Rare clips and the odd site that uses rapidshare exclusivly cuase problems, those problems however are not insignificant.
karl99 is offline   Reply With Quote