View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
Debra38D

Debra38D Level 1 (100+)Debra38D Level 1 (100+)

It had been a long and frustrating climb up the corporate ladder. I hadn’t gone to school, and study business administration. I started at the most entry level position. I worked hard. I learned a lot of my lessons the hard way. I feel I had earned my current position. I know I wasn’t about to win any popularity contest here at the office, but then I had bosses above me who also expected a fair day’s work, for a fair day’s pay. It only seemed fair, that if I could get into a positioin of management, then anyone willing to work, and work hard could do the same. Unfortunately, there were a number of people in my department who simply wanted to coast from pay cheque to pay cheque. To gather around the coffee maker and gossip. That always exasperated me.

Adding to my frustration was the fact Ihings seem to go mising in my office. I like to consider myself a creature of habit. I am neat, and tidy. A place for everything, and everything in it’s place; however, for the last,,, I don’t know, perhaps month or two,
I’ve noticed things suddenly missing. Not where I would expect them to be. I would ask my assistant if he knew anything about it. Especially since he was the only other person who has access to my office. At least on a regular basis. Almost as I expected he denied any knowledge of the missing item. Whet added to the mystery whatever it was that was missing would suddenly reappear. Almost like someone was trying to play some sort of practical joke on me.

I got to work early this morning, and decided I would spent the extra time checking my email, and surfing the internet on my laptop. I was in the middle of doing this when I realized I needed to check on something. Leaving my office I walked through the office and I’m sure I was only gone a few minutes. Although when I got back to my office I checked and I had been gone almost an hour. I silently smile and shook my head, thinking If only these people knew I had just wasted that much time. I’d never hear the end of it.
Debra38D is offline   Reply With Quote