View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
BTN
Admiral Adama

BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)BTN has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

I think this is one of those things that has to be decided on a case by case basis. There is alsorts of convincing arguements either way. As you say, the anti-lobby are more than happy to cause all kinds of harm to abortionists and their families. But a great counter arguement is that pro-abortion campaigners have been born already.

I personally wouldn't ask a woman/girl who had been raped to carry the child to term and I think a badly disabled child would have no quality of life. But when you get to healthy babies with families around them then that needs looking at. Also the "I got myself pregnant without checking that my fella wants kids and now hes left me" situations are something where questions need asking.

I'm adopted and I know that whoever my biological mother was, she must have thought of abortion at some point. I'm pleased she didn't do that. I'm happy, healthy and I'd like to think I've made a difference in my small corner in the world. Yes or no isn't always the answer. Sometimes theres a compromise