Thread: Family Reunion?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 02:40 AM   #14
pervipete
Watching from the shadows

pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pervipete

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickbiggers View Post
We generally do the standards - births, deaths and weddings. We also do "number" reunions lately. Next month is my aunt's 75th birthday, so another six hour drive.

Thing about family reunions is that they are good memory joggers. Like in the weeks leading up to them, you say "Gee...I miss old Uncle Ted and Cousin Sue. Why don't we do this more often?"

Then you spend three hours around these raging fucking maniacs and you say "Ooooohhhhhh, right. NOW I remember!"
The sad thing is, I largely live in the same four or five square miles as the most of my lot, even living a couple of buildings down from one, and the same bloke as one the few decent on my dads side, who I do see, usually after telling his son off for using the underside of my flat to play football lol, most of the time I manage to avoid them, This is quite easy as I also manage to avoid the shopping area of my hometown, mainly cause its a shithole full of chavs, whining grannies and people asking if I have had an accident/ want new phone provider/ credit etc, God knows how many churches and more pawn and secondhand shops than I can work up the energy to shake a stick at
pervipete is offline   Reply With Quote