Thread: The Think Tank
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
Lemarchand
Guardian Of The Box

Location: On a return flight from Hades...That was one dull vacation!
Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Lemarchand has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Thanks for the sentiments TDO, it means a lot. I'm only here for today and then maybe early hours of tomorrow morning. Then I'm off away from home once more. I do have a week of downtime coming up after next week. I certainly intend to try and free up some of that time to spend here with you guys.

You mention in your post about because you have a high rep level that people you don't even know hate you. If you read through my first post in this thread about my suggested solution you will see that I draw a parity about a class system forming on the board. So the "player hating" that you experience is certainly evidence of that, and a defined reason as to why a modification in the system really needs to be put into place.
So there in, not taking any action with the system, and not placing so much importance in the number really leans more towards the removal of ANY reputation system.
If it means nothing, simply don't have it.
You are right about it being our very actions between each other that define how members view us, and perhaps the reigns of tolerance have been a little to slack in the past in that regard.
I ask you this though TDO, who hated you when you first started becoming active on this board...who gave you a hard time?

Nice to see you again also buddy.

Lemarchand

Wandering between two worlds, one dead, The other powerless to be born.
Lemarchand is offline   Reply With Quote