Thread: Racist?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #21
somedude
W.I.R. and Marshal

somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Now they are even mucking about with the names of sports teams. The Washington Redskins have had that name since 1932 and now some middle-class white folks from the suburbs with nothing better to do are offended. None of the actual "redskins" I know are offended. They could care less.
I'm part Native American, prefer the term Indian like just about every fullblooded American Indian I grew up around on the Nez Perce Reservation and don't have any problem with sports team names like the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians or Kansas City Chiefs. However, calling a team the Washington Redskins is as horribly offensive as calling them the Washington Spicks or the Washington Porch Monkeys would be!