View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #28
tierez

tierez Level 8 (800+)tierez Level 8 (800+)tierez Level 8 (800+)tierez Level 8 (800+)tierez Level 8 (800+)tierez Level 8 (800+)tierez Level 8 (800+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilJ View Post
Okay... this is quickly getting to the point where it belongs in the rowdy room.

I'll try to reply to this post in the most respectful way I can. If you think of this word as just a word, you obviously have never been in a serious discussion about it in your life with a Black person. If you just don't care, then that is your opinion, but to try to minimize the impact of this word because you don't care is transparantly disingenuous. That kind of thinking may have worked in the 1950's or 1960's, but it's old now and people will call you on it. Like I am right now.

As for Tierez, I'm always willing to allow that people make honest mistakes (whether I believe it or not) and so I see no reason to keep pounding on him. I'll say that I haven't seen "just as many fans as detractors" by a long shot. I'll just add that I'd appreciate it if he'd keep in mind that the word carries enough weight that it severely pisses people off and I further appreciate his self-regulation on the matter.
I respectfully request this be moved to the "Rowdy Room". It has simply gotten out of hand.

I really do care, and realize that people object to it to a point to make a significant issue out of it. That is why I have removed the posts, and stated repeatedly that I won't post them again.

I have not counted the pro vs. con posters, but please see the following:

http://www.rapeboard.com/showthread.php?t=22362

Hopefully, one will see that my motivation was and still is to enhance the board. Enough pro posts were sent that made me believe that it would be appropriate to post more at a later date. Now we find ourselves here.

I again humbly suggest moving this to the rowdy room.

On another point, I do not appreciate being associated, explicitly or implicitly, with a group filled with hate towards anyone(black people in this case). Especially when the posts in question deal with power of black people over a group that has historically oppressed them(whites). Essentially calling someone racist against black people based on the fact that they posted captions that put black people in the dominant position against those who have oppressed them.

Don't hate anyone, love everyone. Thats what I do.