View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:00 AM   #26
EvilJ
Privileged Member

EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)EvilJ has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerxp View Post
I've never seen a person in less control of himself than the one who lets himself get this level of pissed off because of a word...
Okay... this is quickly getting to the point where it belongs in the rowdy room.

I'll try to reply to this post in the most respectful way I can. If you think of this word as just a word, you obviously have never been in a serious discussion about it in your life with a Black person. If you just don't care, then that is your opinion, but to try to minimize the impact of this word because you don't care is transparantly disingenuous. That kind of thinking may have worked in the 1950's or 1960's, but it's old now and people will call you on it. Like I am right now.

As for Tierez, I'm always willing to allow that people make honest mistakes (whether I believe it or not) and so I see no reason to keep pounding on him. I'll say that I haven't seen "just as many fans as detractors" by a long shot. I'll just add that I'd appreciate it if he'd keep in mind that the word carries enough weight that it severely pisses people off and I further appreciate his self-regulation on the matter.