View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:10 PM   #186
Huni_Heart
Privileged Member

Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)Huni_Heart Level 8 (800+)

This is me being bias, but a mans reasons (or excuses) does not change what he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternenlied View Post
Maybe Huni_Heart's question should be widened: Can you (rape victims) imagine a situation/reason to consider eventually forgiving your rapist?
I'd like to answer this question personally. Many victims, including myself, often wonder why. There was a time when it used to bug me, and i felt like i'd feel so much better if i just knew why. Eventually i came to realise that finding the motive would not change the act, nor would it make me accept what had happened faster.

I think i could forgive my rapist, but not by talking to him. If i was to forgive him, it would be because i had chosen to forgive a crime he commited against me, that is prett much going to stick with me for the rest of my life.

Trauma like that is hard to forget, and "forgive and forget" usually go hand in hand, one usually stunting the other.

I also see it that rapists do not deserve my forgivness, for in my eyes, once you destroy somebody's life like that, you don't deserve to be considered alive , or human.