Thread: Mind Control
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #15
Jasmine
Privileged Member

Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)Jasmine has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill View Post
What about that guy in Moldova who was using hypnosis to rob banks?
I read the news articles about the bank robberies. Could it possibly be done? Yes, but only with about 10% of the population.

Since you will not behave contrary to your morals when under hypnosis, the hypnotist would have to convince the teller that he/she was doing something that they were supposed to do. This could be achieved by convincing the teller that the check for $5 really said $5,000. For this to really work, the tell would have to be highly suggestible. One of those people that you could say, "You don't look like you feel well today," and the person would become ill within an hour based solely on what they were told.

The article said that police were afraid the robber would destroy himself with hypnosis. It is possible but not probable.

There have been cases where tribal witch doctors simply pronounce someone as guilty of a crime and sentence them to death and the person dies. This could be considered hypnosis, but again, it's very rare to have this kind of rapport someone. You have to believe that the witch doctor can kill you by a pronouncement. Then, the brain makes it happen.

Everyone is hypnotized every day of their life. If you have been involved in something and not paid attention to your surroundings such as blocking out outside noise or driving from point A to point B and not remember landmarks or if you stopped at a light, then you have been hypnotized.

Hypnosis is simply concentration and relaxation. Most people hypnotised by a professional leave never feeling that they were hypnotized.

As far as hypnosis being real, I have seen many things using hypnosis that would amaze you.

I worked with cancer patients to control their nausea. I did hypnosis for women during childbirth.

Keep in mind that not all people who can hypnotize are trained or are ethical. Knowing how to do it doesn't mean you know the right way to give suggestions and a person can be harmed by improper suggestions.

Sorry, more than you wanted to know!
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote