View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 05:52 AM   #544
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

The Luftwaffe killed 40 000 civilians in the Britain during WWII, but nobody whines very much about that. That was how war was fought then. The cause was certainly just, although I have long held the opinion that the real enemy lay beyond Germany. I would say the Dresden bombing was more necessary than justified. I suppose Germany sowed the wind and reaped the whirlwind.

By the way, urban regeneration was already planned and well underway in Manchester when the IRA exploded a 1500kg bomb on Corporation Street in 1996. The first phase of the Metrolink that joined Bury in the north through to Victoria Station on the northern fringe of the city centre, right past the Arndale, down to Piccadilly Gardens, on to Piccadilly Station on the south end, and finally ending up in Altrincham via Stretford, where the other Arndale Centre is. The second phase to Eccles via Salford Quays was already in planning, and the whole network was planned with expansion in mind. At that time Salford Quays, formerly Salford Docks was already undergoing development after the docks were closed in 1982.

Manchester has been transformed from a decaying manufacturing town in to a hugely popular sporting, leisure, entertainment and shopping destination. All the IRA did was make a bit more work in a small corner of the city centre. There are still pockets of poverty in the city, but mostly it is thriving today.

But for the IRA, Belfast may have benefitted from similar government and private investment. All they got instead was the Titanic visitors centre!

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote