View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 01:26 PM   #162
somedude
W.I.R. and Marshal

somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)somedude has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH1948 View Post
There has never been published hard and fast rules for admission to the "Private Section". It was founded in a period of rat infestation and mass reporting of links by parties still unknown. It has mostly been handled on the down low.

However, I beg the powers that be to reconsider the entire concept. The full record of those that ask for entrance into the "Private Section" should be considered. I've had several very long time members without a posting history ask about entrance. They are the constant down loaders that make the whole system work. It would be a shame to deny those individuals access.

I recently saw 200 visitors to the board and 20 members in attendance. I suggest that a carrot of forbidden treasures be offered to the great unwashed masses as an enticement for joining and participating in the board activities.

But, membership can not be guaranteed by simply asking. Logical rules should be established and hopefully published. Longevity must be considered as well as participation. Reputation should also be a partial component.

Throw in a spam filter that automatically kicks out posts that contain the key words such as "skype" and let's watch this board kick ass and take names.

This is not a bitching post! It is almost a prayer for a hopeful future! The powers that be can ignore the post, slam me, ban me, or pay attention to my fervent request!

Respectfully,

HRH1948

I won't ban you because I wouldn't have a Texan to make fun of it I did

Seriously, you have some good points there and I wouldn't be opposed to increasing membership in the Private Section starting with people like long time movie posters and other long time members who are not already members. Of course, those members will have to apply for the Private Section and be approved by me since I seem to be the last mod around who has the power. I think we should put up a stuck thread in the movie section and a couple of other places announcing the broadening of membership in the Private Section where interested members can also post their interest in joining. If they fit the criteria, I can then PM them explaining how to join and approve them once they have applied for membership. Sound good to everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotch_Ripper View Post
That's excellent, my guess is when I got "upped" to an Admin I gained some powers and lost others.
Sounds like that is probably what happened and I'll be happy to approve new memberships in the Private Section! Of course I'll seek your input/approval on who is worthy CR