View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 01:23 PM   #465
pervipete
Watching from the shadows

pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)pervipete has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to pervipete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckingRotter View Post
Blimey! Whilst I was doing the maths, Pete was posting! 2 1/2lb a week is hardly drastic weight loss. It's about right for someone that is overweight, but reasonably active, who then takes up regular exercise and modifies their diet. Certainly not a health risk. The fat loss will probably slow after a couple more months as muscle gain begins to replace it. Eventually the scales will start to tell you you're getting fat, as muscle is denser than fat. Then it's time to ditch the scales and buy a tape measure, as my pole instructor friend would say!

Ever need any ideas or advice, Pete, you know where I am!
Yeah that sums up what I did, just changed my lifestyle in stages, started increasing exercise, decreasing portions of food, cut out junk and then just swapped sugar for sweetener's in tea and coffee.

One of the things I did was try to give myself small targets, I know that some people lose heart with diets cause they give themselves impossibly ambitious targets, you know two clothes sizes in a couple of months, so I decided that I would cheat a little and aim to drop just one pound a week.

Also with the overall target I tried to be realistic, I know I needed to drop about 80 pounds (yeah I know ), which would take about the same number of weeks at my target, so I gave myself an easier, nearer target, namely to be less than 200 pounds for my birthday in September (I set a 209 one for the halfway point).

Yeah the muscle thing is what I am working on next, basically I am thinking of combination of weight training to get more definition on my upper body and arms, and cardio for my fat, with some other exercises to tone the muscles of my stomach so I can avoid having one of those aprons of skin hanging over my belt, so any advice would be gratefully received, thanks mate.
pervipete is offline   Reply With Quote