View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #25
menace
Privileged Member

menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)menace has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Menace, I just read your first response and my jaw hit the floor.

You see America as a nation of people hell-bent on killing people of color? Really? And you live ... where? Oh, yes, that's right. South Africa. That bastion of racial equality.

Menace, please tell me that your words were meant solely to stir things up and not a reflection of how you really feel. I've known you a long time and I would hate think I was so wrong.
No I do not. I see the pro gunners like that. I also know that the protest held in Washington after and against the Tea Parties' one was far greater in size and that less than half Americans are opposed to gun control so my opinion on America as a whole is a positive one.
I do however believe that the root cause and driving force behind the bad sides of America is racism.

If anything, living in South Africa has honed me to recognize it more easily.

The locals here invest incredible amounts in security, living in prison of their own making but most don't use the PC term 'criminals', but flat out shamelessly admit it's keep out the blacks. Yep, South Africa is unique in the fact that the word 'racist' is spoken not with repulsion but with pride. The white kids go to expensive private schools because the government schools are for 'coloreds', and as a result of the two a high value is put on money, singing odes to capitalism and going in upheaval at the very mention of redistribution of wealth; Money is the last thing they have to keep them away from those "inferior", who in the time I have spent here have not found to be the least bit different to those "superior".

When you speak your mind as often as I do, you make a lot of enemies and lose even more friends. Neither will deter me from this habit, but I hope you're not one of the friends I will lose.
True though, I was upset to see the pro gun lobby of RB not being put into their place in an effective manner, so I decided to hit them where it hurts: in the real truth. I was actually worried that I nailed it so well they all ran for the high ground, but I'm overjoyed to see some have the guts to duke it out.

Last edited by menace; 01-13-2011 at 01:26 PM.
menace is offline   Reply With Quote