View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 09:17 PM   #114
FuckingRotter
The Fist of Fury.

FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)FuckingRotter has a maximum reputation! (1000+)

That is stupid. German troops in WWII were largely an occupying force, where as British troops were operating within our own borders. Or are you suggesting that a government shouldn't be able to suppress armed rebellion within its own borders?

However strong the voice for Irish nationalism may have been, whatever the fault, on both sides of the argument, there has never been a democratic mandate for an independent Northern Ireland, on either side of the border. As Tom has pointed out, it was a dirty war on both sides, but what else would you have Britain do?

It would be interesting to see how the US government behaved in such circumstances. Lets say for example if a Spanish speaking minority suddenly decided California should become part of Mexico? Or even a French speaking rebellion in Canada for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants70 View Post
But why? I mean they still chase after 90 year old former German soldiers for commiting atrocities seventy odd years ago. I think accountability should be higher for armies and soldiers than it should be for civilians taking up arms against the occupier because they have no other choice.

THE WESTCOUNTRY SHALL RISE AGAIN!

Yay! It's pink!

Don't think.... FEEL!

We're Englishmen, and we came here, to rape your women and drink your beer.

I went back in time and voted for Hitler.

Pouring oil on troubled waters since 2008. Then lighting a fucking match.
FuckingRotter is offline   Reply With Quote