View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #60
ctomie
Banned

ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)ctomie has a maximum reputation! (1000+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ctomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapeU View Post
God when did this thread become a ctomie fight fest? Motherfucking shit!

Ctomie, you didn't have to respond to Phantom's joke. You could have ignored him! Phantom also could have kept the joke to himself.

I know I didn't have to respond to anyone in here, but like I said, leaving issues unresolved hasn't been my style.

I wish Phantom can keep his lame jokes to himself, but he lacks the maturity to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapeU View Post
Anyway, when you first mentioned Ad Homwhatever I was like "that sounds familiar I know I read it on Evil Bible somewhere but why can't I remember it?"

Now I know why I couldn't remember it.

AD HOMINEM IS WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG!

Do you know why it is wrong ctomie?

That's why.

If you still don't understand, let me explain it for you slowly.

1. Person A makes claim X. (ie. 2+2=4)
2. Person B makes an attack on Person A. (ie you're a fuckwit)
3. Therefore, claim X is false. (2+2 can't equal 4)

Person B making an attack on Person A does not change claim X. It only shows that Person B is ignorant.

You yourself said that attacking person A does nothing to change the claim. My point is that insulting someone does not weaken my position whatsoever. Saying that my position has been weakened by the insult (as touriquet has repeatedly stated) means that the strength or truth of the position has changed because of it.

Premise 2 above does not serve to establish the conclusion. The insult has no bearing on the argument.

In fact, you haven't disagreed with me here.

P.S. I've been busy with this thread for quite a while. I've noticed that you've posted a reply in the "ctomie vs RapeU" thread which I haven't read yet. However, I'll promise you a response in due course.